|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"This battle is about to explode!"
"This is gonna be a match to remember!"
- Capcom vs. SNK 2's announcer before a fight.
During the height of the Fighting Game popularity, one of Capcom's biggest competitors was SNK, creators of the Neo Geo console and arcade system, who challenged Street Fighter's dominance with a wide array of linked and standalone games and series, culminating with their own Massive Multiplayer Crossover, The King of Fighters. Naturally, in 1999 and 2000, the inevitable happened, and the two companies came together to both make separate Fighting Games based on the concept.
The fighting games of this series, so far, are these:
- SNK vs. Capcom Match of the Millennium
- Capcom vs. SNK Millennium Fight 2000
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 Mark of the Millennium
- SNK vs. Capcom SVC Chaos
SNK also developed three card battle games based on the concept, the most recent for the Nintendo DS ending the SNK series as a whole and notoriously containing a Game Breaking Bug.
- Demoted to Extra: Characters such as Robert Garcia, Mature, Daimon, Yang and Andy get only passing mentions, assist roles, or cameos, in the entire Capcom vs. SNK series. This is very noticeable in the SNK side, because most of the Ko F teams (sans the Women Fighters Team) are incomplete in the games. for example, the Art of Fighting Team lacks Robert, the Fatal Fury Team lacks Andy, the Japan Team lacks Goro Daimon, the Villain Team lacks Billy Kane, and so on. Chang also shares his moveset with Choi in Capcom vs. SNK 2, but Choi got into SVC Chaos with Chang only getting cameos.
- Dialogue Tree: The games are full of this, with stuff like Geese throwing a Reppuuken at Bison to blow his cape away.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The Card Fighters games. Of course, being digital trading card games, the characters themselves don't appear per se.
- Shout-Out: Check the page.