|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Mario and Peach are walking together on the outskirts of Toad Town when Bowser attacks the Mushroom Kingdom (who didn't see that coming?). They flee down a warp pipe, only for them to be ambushed by Belome. He makes a clone of Peach, and somehow the clone gets kidnapped by Bowser instead. After a bit of discussion, Mario and Peach decide to save her.
This fic contains examples of:
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Apparently every clone Belome makes is this. He tries to brainwash Apricot again during the heroes' return trip.
- Clone Degeneration: For some reason, Belome's clones disappear when they die.
- Cloning Blues: Apricot.
- Don't Try This At Home: A couple of lines after Bowser admitted the Stripperrific costume he had designed was based on fan-art, He says this, along with "Google Safesearch isn't safe."
- Evil Is Sexy / Stripperific: As mentioned above, Bowser supplies the clone with a clothing he had designed based on this fan art.
- Expendable Clone: Bowser considers Apricot to be this at first, but doesn't seem to mind having them both. Belome thinks they're only good for beating up his prey.
- Extreme Omnivore: Belome.
- Fan Verse: The author seems to be aiming for this.
- Green Thumb: Had the clone not been rescued, she'd probably wind up with this power.
- Heel Face Turn: Forge.
- In-Series Nickname: Apricot used to be nicknamed Apryl, but the author removed it due to it being unnecessary.
- Mauve Shirt: Forge the Hammer Bro.
- Original Character: Apricot the clone and Forge the Hammer Bro.
- Stockholm Syndrome: The clone starts succumbing to this rather quickly. Bowser is actively pushing this along.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Peach gives one to Bowser.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted. Toadsworth asks the clone if she wants counseling after being brainwashed twice and manipulated by Bowser.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Mario and Peach treat the clone as a human being. Belome doesn't think any of his clones can be called human.