|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Now 7 years later, Donnie's youngest sister, Samantha, seemingly alone and lost in the world, has run away from her home shattered by the death of her brother. Drowning in sadness and unable to dream, she has drifted deeper into the darkness of her sleep. And when darkness consumes the starlight, nightmares rule the night...
Sam and Corey are two eighteen year olds on a road trip to California hoping to make it big as dancers there. Along the way their car breaks down in Conejo Springs, a small town in Utah. The town badass, Randy, comes to their rescue, cigarette in hand.
The "sequel" to Donnie Darko no fan will admit exists. Richard Kelly has stated that he has not had anything to do with it whatsoever. It is generally considered as a great example of a Hollywood dick move. It does have some redeeming features however, such as the stunning cinematography and nineties pop songs.
- Bad Bad Acting
- Badass Preacher
- Continuity Nod: At the party scene, there is a girl in a white bikini who drapes herself in an American flag. In the original Donnie Darko, Donnie had a poster with a white swimsuit model backgrounded by an American flag.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Corey calls Sam one at one point.
- Nerd Glasses: Jeremy's.
- Retcon: Many things mentioned in S.Darko, such as their family still living in Virginia contradicts the Word of God from the first movie. Samantha also somehow got Donnie's copy of "The Philosophy of Time Travel", complete with Frank drawings by Donnie, even though he only got a copy of the book in the tangent universe in the original.
- Scenery Porn: Really good scenery porn at that!
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Iraq Jack. He claims to have done some bad things during the Gulf War, but nobody seems to take him seriously.
- Stalker with a Crush Jeremy
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: It seems as though all of the male leads were chosen for looking like Donnie Darko.
- The Nineties
- Trailers Always Lie: An early trailer for the movie made it appear as if it would take place during the events of Donnie Darko, only from Samantha's perspective. Doubles as What Could Have Been.
- Wild Teen Party