Ryan Reynolds is a Canadian actor who is most recognizable as the eponymous Van Wilder, the role which cemented his dual trademarks of adept comic timing and weirdly charming cockiness, made him a big star and almost fatally typecast him. More recently, he got to branch out a bit in big films as Wade Wilson/Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern film. In his lesser known work, he's also proven himself an exceedingly fine dramatic actor who can turn off the familiar sardonic persona.
He was named one of the sexiest men alive in a recent issue of People magazine.
Sometimes he contributes to the Huffington Post.
- Two Guys, a Girl And A Pizza Place
- Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle
- Van Wilder
- Blade: Trinity
- The Amityville Horror
- Just Friends
- Definitely Maybe
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- The Proposal
- Smokin Aces
- Green Lantern
- Safe House
- Alliterative Name: Ryan Rodney Reynolds.
- Canada, Eh?
- Deadpan Snarker: If he isn't saying something sarcastic and witty, its a pretty good sign that shit just got real.
- Estrogen Brigade Bait
- Fake American: Almost every role he plays is this. Most people don't realize he's canadian.
- Handsome Lech
- The Irish Diaspora: Reynolds is an Irish name.
- One of Us: Reynolds is a big fan of Deadpool. He also auditioned for every comic book character that existed until he finally landed a role (and luck behold, he's now the iconic Hal Jordan/Green Lantern).
- Playing Against Type: Quite a few of his roles such as Buried and The Amityville Horror. He can be pretty damn scary when he wants to be.
- Promoted Fanboy: Subverted, he wasn't into comics until relatively recently, in which case he became a fanboy, roughly the same time he actually started playing comic book characters. In fact the only reason he became a fan of Deadpool is after being compared to him by Deadpool himself.