The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- If you examine a closed coffin, the line "I see dead people" will appear in your chat box.
- There are quite a few Monty Python references in the game. The best-known example comes whenever you try to use a herring to chop down a tree.
- And if you use the herring on the Grand Tree...
It can't be done!
- A monk that looks suspiciously like Jean-Luc Picard dwells on the island of Entrana and builds a balloon "to explore new frontiers". The balloon is then destroyed by Larry, Moe, and Curly.
- Quiz #4 in the polls, question 7: "What slash defence bonus does the Corrupt Dragon chainbody provide?" One of the possible answers is "Over 9000".
- When Bob gives you your second explorer's ring, he'll mutter about how "Adventurers these days are spoilt rotten. Why, in my day... (mumble)... dragons...(mumble) ...bare hands.
- There is an NPC in the Herblore Habitat by the name of Astlayrix. His examine info is "He'll never give you up and he'll never let you down."
- To put it shortly, half of all objects will have some shout out when you examine them -- a good example is summoning familiars, which can range from "Fast cat is fast" to "Definitely not teenaged, although the jury is out on its ninja skills".
- When giving thieving advice, Darren Lightfinger tells the player:
"It's the eye of the kyatt, it's the will of the heist."
- When Jagex declared their intention to add new abilities to the Ring of Wealth, they prefaced the announcement with "RoW, huh, what is it good for?"
- The examine text for Lumberjack Leif (an NPC on Miscellania) is "He's a lumberjack and he's okay." Additionally, two woodcutting-related Tasks are titled "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay" and "I Sleep All Night and I Work All Day".
- The guards in the towers on Jatizso and Neitiznot can be seen shouting insults to each other. These insults include "Your mother was a Hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries."
- In the old version of the "Wolf Whistle" quest, your character, asked to kill a Wolpertinger, responds "One rabbit stew coming up!" in a reference to the Monty Python and The Holy Grail killer rabbit scene. The Wolpertinger familiar's examine text is "It's just a harmless wee rabbit."
- If you speak with Bob the Cat while your own cat is with you, the two cats will re-enact the dialogue from the Luke, I Am Your Father scene in The Empire Strikes Back. Similarly, if you type "I am your father" into your in-game notepad, the note that shows up will instead say "Nooooooooo!"
- Bork, the Big Ork, summons Ork Legions that spout Borg catchphrases like "Resistance is futile!" and "We are the collective!"
- If you speak to Evil Dave through the NPC Contact spell, you can instruct him to "Build me an army worthy of Zamorak!"
- If you perform poorly in the Great Orb Project minigame, one of the wizards will comment that "This was a disaster! I'm making a note here: HUGE FAILURE." Additionally, the examine text for the portal that transports you between Runecrafting altars is "Look at you, examining things when there's Runecrafting to do." And in the "Meeting History" quest, the examine text for a portal is "There is cake in here, apparently."
- The clock above Catherby's bank is stopped at 10:04, a reference to Back to The Future.
- The Fairy Godfather's henchmen Slim Louie and Fat Rocco both have examine texts that quote Goodfellas.
- The monkey bars in the Brimhaven Agility Arena have examine text that quotes "I Wanna Be Like You", the monkey song from The Jungle Book. The pillars have the examine text "A small step for a player, a giant leap for player kind," a quote from Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon. The poison darts have a Bullet Time dodge animation referencing The Matrix.
- The Flared Trousers item changes your "Dance" emote to one used by John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Their examine text is "These'll help me stay alive."
- One of the smaller pigs in Draynor Village has the examine text "I shall call him...Mini-Pig." The same reference is duplicated in the examine text of the baby moles in the caves underneath Falador garden.
- The "Zombie Dance" emote is one of the dance moves used in Michael Jackson's Thriller music video. The examine text of the Zombie Boots is "Thrilling!"
- In Dungeoneering, you can get an award for being killed by a Bovimastyx dinosaur. If you do, you'll be treated to a Jurassic Park quote.
- Edgar Allan Poe's short story "A Cask of Amontadillo" is about a wine connoisseur named Fortunato. The wine salesman in Draynor Village is named Fortunato; his examine text is "He looks as if he could do with a sip of Amontillado."
- Naturally, the Raven pet's dialogue contains additional Edgar Allan Poe references.
- If you give a cowbell to the penguin musicians Ping & Pong, they'll use it to play a song. Afterwards, they'll note that it needs more cowbell.
- The examine text for the Rapier is "The very butcher of a silk button," a quote from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
- The "What Lies Below" quest includes an NPC archaeologist named Louisiana Jones. Similarly, the quest "Desert Treasure" includes Asgarnia Smith, also an archaeologist.
- Rock Lobsters are monsters that can be found in the Waterbirth Dungeon. Their examine text is a line from the The B 52s song "Rock Lobster."
- Many of the Tasks contain Shout Outs to other works.
- Smithing a bronze mace rewards you with the Mace Invaders achievement.
- Speaking with the Duke of Lumbridge awards you "Hail to the Duke, Baby", a Duke Nukem reference.
- Killing an enemy on the Khazard battlefield completes the "Dukes of Khazard" task.
- "Get Your Stinking Hands Off Me" requires you to turn into a monkey and be captured by the zookeeper.
- "Living on a Prayer" is unlocked by performing the Air Guitar emote near a monastery.
- Teleporting into the unicorn cage in the zoo unlocks the "A Visit to Charlie" achievement.
- "It's Not Wabbit Season" requires you to kill a duck.
- If you use the Ring of Charos to magically enhance your powers of persuasion, you can unlock "These Aren't the Coins You're Looking For" by convincing the sailors to give you a free ride to Karamja. There's also "TzHaar Wars" for playing a minigame in the TzHaar area.
- Killing a mithril dragon is part of the "How To Maim Your Dragon" task.
- The "Dungeons and Dragons" task has you visit a dragon's lair inside of a dungeon.
- Buying a machete will complete the "That's Not a Knife..." task.
- "Falling With Style" is unlocked by flying on a glider.
- "Stairway to Haven" is unlocked by climbing a staircase in the Brimhaven dungeon.
- Yet another Monty Python reference: teleporting to Camelot unlocks "It's Only a Model".
- Baking an Admiral pie unlocks "It's a Trap, No, Wait, It's a Pie!"
- Visiting the Earth Altar rewards you with "Journey to The Center of The Earth Altar".
- If you give a "Poison chalice" item to King Arthur, he'll tell you "You chose...poorly," quoting a line from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- The Task list includes achievements such as "Cool Story, Bro", "All Your Bass...", "Mack Rolled", and "I Heard You Like Mudskips".
- The "A Void Dance" quest contains the line of dialogue "What is this, I don't even..."
- Many of the quest titles, such as "The Hunt for Red Raktuber", "The Great Brain Robbery" and "A Clockwork Syringe".
- Speaking of "A Clockwork Syringe", the final part of that quest is essentially a big shout-out to Bioshock. You have to infiltrate a facility disguised as what's essentially a Pirate Zombie Big Daddy, and just in case we didn't get it, the examine text for one of the enemies reads "Would you kindly kill these slicers?"
- The Christmas 2011 Event has you gather ingredients for a bunch of goblin chiefs. You placed the ingredients in a cannon and it begins firing out of control. The goblins get hit, but your character dodges the shots by backflipping Matrix style.
- The town crier in Seers' Village will give you the advice, "Be excellent to each other!"
- Estocada, the Badass Spaniard who gives out duellist's caps at the Duel Arena, has dialogue based on The Most Interesting Man in the World, including such lines as "I don't often replace hats, but when I do, I choose to replace duellist's caps." and "Stay victorious, my friend." As a bonus, his examine text quotes a line of Inigo Montoya's dialogue from The Princess Bride.
- There's a fishing quest called "Deadliest Catch".
- Zachory Bragg, of the Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble minigame, has a personality loosely based on Zapp Brannigan of Futurama. His dialogue includes several Brannigan quotes, like "Be careful; this whole area is uncharted. But that might be because I lost the chart."
- You can knock on a door in the west Varrock bank, and someone asks who's there. This is a setup for a knock-knock joke, and you're provided with three responses. One of them is "Doctor".
- Also, there are two children, Amelia and Rory, in Morytania who idolize the hero of the Myreque. They're convinced he wears a bowtie, so you can't convince them you're that hero.
- There's a mini game on Lunar Isle where you help a magical farmer to grow Triffids, er, Livids.
- The fights in the Dominion Tower seem to pay tribute to Mortal Kombat. There's even a special fight named "Finish Him!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.