|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Runaway Jury is a film adaptation of a John Grisham novel of the same name.
This work provides examples of:
- Ironic Echo: "Well, you're only lead counsel for the defense, Mr. Cable. You shouldn't pretend to know very much about jury selection."
- Pragmatic Adaptation: Tobacco in the book was swapped for guns in the movie. Big surprise.
- Psycho for Hire: Mr. Janovich. He torches Nick's place and then assaults Marlee in her apartment.
- Shout-Out: One replacement juror is named Lydia Deets.
- Those would be some Bohrok-Kal in the opening.
- Simple Country Lawyer: Dustin Hoffman plays this as the DA, against Gene Hackman's jury rigger character.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.