The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Adored by the Network: Until 2003.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: All the babies are voiced by women.
- This is partially averted in some languages. In France, Tommy is voiced by Alexis Tomassian (Philip J. Fry). Sweden; Phil always had a male voice.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Cree Summer portrayed Suzie, and you can't miss Tony Jay's baritone as Dr. Lipschitz.
- Chuckie is Bart Simpson
- Anybody else half-expecting Drew Pickles to transform into a police car?
- The voice of Didi (and her mom, Minka) is Melanie Chartoff, the Ms. Fanservice of Fridays (an early 1980s Saturday Night Live Expy that aired on ABC).
- Charlotte Pickles. If you ever get a nightmare that she pushes a button on a remote and turns all robots in the world against their masters, well, you know why.
- Her assistant, Jonathan, is Homer, believe it or not.
- The Latin American dub voice of Tommy was also Boots the Monkey, and--get this--was also the younger Son Goku and Son Gohan.
- Tim Curry was in each movie; as a reporter in The Movie, a singing sumo in Paris, and Nigel Thornberry in Go Wild
- Nobody recognize that Tommy is the toughest fighter?
- Dil is the joy and the laughter
- The clearly washed-up superhero Captain Blasto is played by--who else--Adam West.
- Scott Menville worked at the grocery store, the movie theatre, diagnosed Angelica's broken leg, and failed to change a diaper in Didi's home economics class.
- Angelica was in My Neighbor Totoro.
- Grandpa Lou is Bosley.
- Stu was one of Bob Newhart's patients long before he was spilling his guts to Dr. Lepetomaine.
- Name's the Same: Susie's mom, Lucy Carmichael, has the same name as Lucille Ball's character from The Lucy Show.
- The Other Darrin: After David Doyle's death, Joe Alaskey took over as Grandpa Lou's voice actor.
- Also, when Christine Cavanaugh -- the original voice of Chuckie Finster -- left the show due to maternity leave, she was replaced by Nancy Cartwright (from The Simpsons). Not that many fans liked Ms. Cartwright's take on Chuckie. It sounded too Ralph Wiggum.
- Talking to Himself: Phil, Lil, and their mother were all voiced by Kath Soucie. Also, Michael Bell voiced both Drew and Chaz. Didi and her mother were both Melanie Chartoff.
- In Mexico, it's Dil and Susie. In Sweden, Tommy and Angelica.
- Uncanceled: The show originally ended in 1994 with little fanfare, only for the network to notice that reruns consistently had the same ratings as the first run episodes. It was brought back in 1998, for better or worse.
- What Could Have Been: Originally 20th Century Fox had a deal with Nickelodeon to release movies of the Nicktoons in 1993 but this fell through. Subverted with a theatrical movie coming out in 1998, released by Paramount.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.