The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Tsukune's state as a ghoul seems to follow closely to those in the Vampire: The Masquerade RPG setting, though he has the benefit of feral vampire-like Unstoppable Rage
- Also, a certain someone can be seen standing on a pole, in the background of this page.
- In the manga, Nekonome-sensei claims to be "thirty years younger", thus "seventeen years old", a joke often used by her voice actor, Kikuko Inoue. Yes, the manga shouts out to a voice actor.
- Well, it is Kikuko Inoue. She's kind of a legend at this point. The joke takes a new form when she voices Mizore's mother.
- In the anime episode Body Measurement + Vampire, when Ruby is playing the doctor, she seems to have been taking fashion tips from Ritsuko Akagi
- Chapter 15 of the second manga serialization introduces the magical whip "Belmont", complete with title cover and panel done in the style of an early Castlevania game, which even features Goddamned Bats. The whip's power of magic canceling is identical to that of the Vampire Killer, the whip the Belmonts wield. Except that Belmont doesn't burn/kill vampires with a touch, like Vampire Killer does. Good thing, since Inner Moka is the one who uses it.
- In episode 5 the soccer players' shirts are nearly identical to those worn by Nankatsu team
- How about in chapter 23 of part II of the manga: Tsukune catches a big-ass phoenix by the beak. Even some minor similarities - after everyone's finished gaping (because the phoenix is supposed to be really powerful), it's getting ready for another go, and someone else steps in and takes it down.
- Is the bus driver really riding a giant frog? Why yes, he is!
- Chapter 25, page 27, first panel is practically copied from the old video game "Dig Dug". You can even see the fire from the dragon like creature in the right side of the panel.
- Chapter 26 has Giant Robo's Fitzgerald. I'd recognize those snapping fingers anywhere!
- Tsukune's cousin Kyoko wears a T-shirt printed with a string of musical notes under the word "Cantabile."
- In the second manga season, Chapter 19, Tsukune and Kurumu play a game of Balloon Fight on Famicon. 
- In season 2, chapter 28 Kurumu gets attacked by a Junji Ito-thing, Leatherface, and a wall-mounted Saarlac full of Naughty Tentacles.
- How could everyone forget Kokoa's methods of stalking the sealed Moka in the human world, described in episode 2 of Capu2? She dressed as Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and Ghostface, and used a Chucky doll.
- During the school festival, a saibaman can be seen in the crowd.
- In Rosario+ Vampire II in Ch 29, In quite possibly the most obvious shout out to Rumiko Takahashi ever, The third dark lord asks Inner Moka cosplay as Lum from Urusei Yatsura (without telling her what the costume is until after she's wearing it, of course), only because he is One of Us.
- Akuha seems to know how to use Nanto Rokuseiken. or at least something that looks like it.
- As is only appropriate for a manga with vampires, chapter 31 has a nice little homage to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. A few pages later Akuha announces what she wants out of life, and Dio Brando would be proud.
- Episode 10 of Capu2 shows us there's a Piranha Plant at the lunch room. It's plainly seen in the background when Kotaro saves Yukari from falling after she slips on a banana peel.
- Ah, heck! They somehow managed to sneak Akira in for some reason...
- During the fake raid on the Wong family's mansion, the "Yuusei Hitou" creature bears an almost perfect resemblance to the detached head from John Carpenter's The Thing.
- Extremely hard to see in the scanslated chapter online (it's clearer in the Viz translation due to it being easier to get an closer look at it)but in chapter 3 season 2 if you look close at Kokoa's face in the last picture on this page look at the mask she's wearing.
- In the same page as the second Akira Toriyama Shout-Out mentioned above, the Handicraft Club (where they have gone to solve Kokoa's "problem") not only has a board reading "Cosplay Club" clear as day (much to Kokoa's dismay), there's also Jotaro's jacket at the door.
- In Chapter 41, Touhou Fuhai's inner monologue reveals that he's out of energy, which apparently is like "A Robotic Cat without its pockets.
- Everybody: "Love and peace!"
- Mizore as the Oscar the Grouch on the last panel.
- Jack Frost looks like a creepy version of the Shin Megami Tensei mascot.
- Rubi's fight takes place in a corredor that resembles the one where Neo fought Bane/Smith likely because both fights feature electricity.
- The "Meaningless End-of-Volume Theater" Omake for Season II Volume 6 includes a scene where the girls adopt appearances based on characters from other series. Kurumu is wearing Odango with the little covers, Rubi has Holo's ears (and tail), and Mizore has on a North High uniform.
- Xia-Long of the Miu family has an attack called Guns N' Roses. It's Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Seen here.
- Episode 9 of the second season features the line "'kneel before Kokoa!'"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.