Rooney Mara is an American actress known for the intensity she brings to her roles. Born in 1984, she was initially known for being the younger sister of actress Kate Mara, but is on course to become one of Hollywood's go-to actresses.
Her first major starring role was as Nancy in the 2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. She then got a small part as Mark Zuckerberg's ex-girlfriend in The Social Network. She had only two scenes in that movie, but had amazing chemistry and held her own with the leads. Apparently director David Fincher was also impressed, because he cast her in the coveted role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
Rooney Mara also oversees a charity called 'Faces of Kibera' that helps orphans from the Kibera slum in Kenya.
- Tanner Hall (2009) as Fernanda
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) as Nancy Holbrook
- The Social Network (2010) as Erica Albright
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) as Lisbeth Salander
- Lawless (2013)
- The Cameo: In Urban Legend: Bloody Mary, which starred her sister.
- Dull Surprise: Reviews of her performance in A Nightmare on Elm Street were less than kind.
- Dyeing for Your Art: For her role as Lisbeth, she bleached her eyebrows, cut her hair short, and had her brow, lip, nose, and nipple pierced all in one day. More literally, her normally brown hair is dyed black for the role.
- Hood Ornament Hottie: This photoshoot is probably a subversion of the trope.
- Old Shame: Already views the Nightmare on Elm Street as this. Apparently also said unflattering things about her appearance on Law and Order SVU, though ended up backtracking on them.
- One-Scene Wonder: The opening scene of The Social Network gave her instant popularity, got her a huge movie role, and made her something of an Ensemble Darkhorse.