|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Picture the cover of a romance novel. Right now. You already know what I'm talking about. Fabio or some other shirtless man with a Heroic Build and long hair, with a buxom woman in his arms/wrapped behind him/within torso's reach behind a colorful sunset.
Compare Leg Cling.
- In the back cover of the trade paperback Mad Love, Harley Quinn sighs wistfully as she reads a romance novel with a cover featuring her and The Joker in this kind of pose (but with a grenade)
- Naked Gun 2 1/2 makes fun of this trope.
- Every romance novel ever
- The inside front cover of the paperback edition of Misery, which featured a romance writer protagonist, is a hilarious parody of a romance paperback cover with a very familiar male model.
- An episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway had Ryan Stiles striking these kinds of poses during a game of Party Quirks.
- One America's Next Top Model photoshoot from Cycle 7 had the girls posing for one of these with Fabio himself.
- Gaia Online has "The Lusty Scoundrel" in order to make your avatar invoke this trope
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books calls these "clinch covers" and has fun mocking the more ridiculous ones.
- The Simpsons: Marge had an Imagine Spot with her as the heroine and Homer as the hunky, flowing-locks guy.