|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Rolo Tomassi are a Progressive Hardcore band from Sheffield, England. They formed in 2005. The band currently consists of Eva Spence (vocals), James Spence (keyboards, vocals), Ed Dutton (drums), Nathan Fairweather (bass) and Chris Cayford (guitar).
Rolo Tomassi provides examples of these tropes!
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Their name is taken from the character in L.A. Confidential.
- Band of Relatives: Type 1. Eva and James are brother and sister.
- Epic Instrumental Opener: The synths-only opening to their second record, Katzenklavier.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 9
- Non-Appearing Title: Bucket loads. In fact, I'm struggling to think when they do mention the song's title in the actual song, except in Party Wounds and Scabs.
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: Complete inversion!
- Shout-Out: The band's name is a reference to a character from LA Confidential.
- Soprano and Gravel: Eva can both scream and sing sweetly.
- Unplugged Version: James's acoustic versions of Oh, Hello Ghost and Nine.
- Vocal Tag Team: Fofteen, Party Wounds, Old Mystic, Macabre Charade...