|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Rolie Polie Olie centers on the title character, who by all appearances is a robot made out of spheres, and his family. His best friend is his next door neighbor, made out of cubes. He has a robot dog, and several inanimate objects have faces.
A Nelvana program.
Provides Examples of:
- All CGI Cartoon
- Expressive Mask: Like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, faces turn up in some unusual places, like Olie's teapot house.
- Homemade Inventions: Olie's father built a shrink ray at one point. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Mundane Utility: Said shrink ray
- Stop Copying Me: Once, the little Zowie begins to parrot Olie, much to his annoyance. He eventually exploits this to make her go to bed.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: similar to Samus' Morph Ball -- Olie can roll up into a sphere to travel somehow.