The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: An old protagonist becomes the new antagonist in the sequel.
- Straight: Bob was the main character in Heroes of Troperia. You get to fight him in Heroes of Troperia II: Shadow Spaghetti.
- Exaggerated: Bob is the Big Bad in Shadow Spaghetti (or worse), and you fight him in the (True) Final Battle.
- Justified: Bob is Brainwashed and Crazy, or maybe The Paragon Always Rebels.
- The ending in Heroes of Troperia where he took over Empire of Evulz is canon, thus averting No Canon for the Wicked.
- You play an amoral Villain Protagonist in Shadow Spaghetti.
- Heroes of Troperia is a Fighting Game, it's entirely Justified that you fight Bob, the winner of previous tournament.
- Otherwise, Bob has a very good reason (misguided or not) for stopping you in the sequel.
- Inverted: Emperor Evulz, the Big Bad in Heroes of Troperia I become the player character in Shadow Spaghetti.
- Subverted: It's an imposter of Bob, and Bob himself is not doing anything that hampers you.
- Double Subverted: ...save for outfitting the imposter to assassinate you, that is.
- Parodied: "Hello. My name is Bob. You took my hero seat. Prepare to Die."
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Heroes of Troperia and Shadow Spaghetti are separated in a way that won't allow Bob to appear in the sequel, let alone fighting the current protagonist. Such way includes: long in-universe time skip, different world, or Shadow Spaghetti being a Prequel.
- Bob appears as a NPC, but he does not hinder the gamer(unless they choose to bad path, if their is one) and might even help the player.
- Shadow Spaghetti still has Bob as the protagonist.
- Enforced: Giving the player the thrill of being a Badass who can defeat previous savior of the world.
- Lampshaded: "This would have been an honor to challenge you, Sir Bob." "It's Emperor Bob now, vermins."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Emperor Evulz is Back From the Dead (the second time!) in Shadow Spaghetti, killed Bob when he was unaware, and set himself up to be the Big Bad once again.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: "Hey, weren't you a good guy in the previous game?!" "Yes, but this Ultra Gore Infinity Plus One Chainsaw-Sword of Death 3000 is too awesome for little kids like you to use!" "Weren't you a little kid too back then?!"
You can go back to Rogue Protagonist, but be aware that he or she is likely to be Lv.99.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.