|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Rogue Ops is a 2003 Action Game released by Kemco in 2003 for the Playstation2, the Nintendo Gamecube, and the X Box. It stars Nikki Connors, a ex-green beret whose husband and daughter are killed by a terrorist organization known as Omega 19 in a car bombing. She then joins a anti-terrorist group known a Phoenix to stop them and get her revenge. Due to the fact that was quickly compared to other and better stealth games at the time like Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty and Splinter Cell, this game didn't fare well critically or commercially.
This game has the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Nikki Connors.
- Air Vent Passageway
- Follow the Leader: To compete with the Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell series.
- Grappling Hook Pistol: Fired from her belt, and only usable in certain spots.
- Human Mail: Some missions begin having her being shipped in boxes to infiltrate enemy bases.
- Mission Control: With her home base.
- The Mole: Peter. Subverted because he was still working for Phoenix and infiltrated Omega19 to discover their secrets.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Why Nikki joined Phoenix.
- Sequel Hook: Nikki finds out her daughter is still alive, and attempts to quit Phoneix, only to be stopped by her superiors.