The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Cliché Storm: The game's detractors hurl this moniker around; fans prefer Troperriffic.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Gale, a minor villain from a single chapter, gets tons of fan love. It helps that A) he's voiced by Crispin Freeman and B) he gets an Alas, Poor Villain moment.
- Game Breaker: Powerful weapons can be obtained relatively early thanks to item crafting if you know the right weapon combos; spamming combination attacks also makes the game easier.
- Aren't there arbitrary level restrictions on weapons that effectively prevent just that?
- It's still pretty easy to level up enough to be able to use those weapons, especially if you're trying to max out all of the weapons you're using.
- Glurge Miyoko and Chie do this to some players, to the point of Narm for others, but they are looking across an entire galaxy for husband and father who happens to be Simon.
- Growing the Beard / Jumping the Shark: Chapter 6 is dark and intriguing, and then the game's tension builds through Chapter 7...while Chapter 8 and 9 are essentially Fetch Quests for a few Plot Coupons and/or MacGuffins.
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: When the player arrives at the Insector stadium in Zerard, Zegram will actually mention to Jaster that some people get a bit too addicted to pitting their Mons against each other in tournament battles.
- Tear Jerker "This time... don't let her go." As well as the end of chapter 6, and a couple other places if you're really soft.
- "Are you laughing, Deego? I wasn't able to get... anything back... after all..."
- Probably the entire section of collecting character-specific MacGuffins.
- That One Boss: Deego's one-on-one fight against Gale, which is itself the second phase of a Sequential Boss Battle.
- The Scrappy MIO, Jupis, and probably a ton of other sub-characters.
- That One Level: Gladius Towers, a pair of huge eight-floored towers with confusing overlapping layout, lots of dead ends and switching to the other tower every few floors. Then you'll go back and goes through the other tower from the beginning. It'll take some time.
- The Untwist: Just about every character can be described as having some dark secret that is easily guessed the first time it's hinted at.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Whatever happened to the conflict between Longardia and Draxil after Chapter 5?
- They build up Seed to be this awesome and eventually tragic villain, but then he just gets beaten and thrown aside. We end up with a last minute "Mother" of Rune and a Valkog/Battleship chimera for a final boss. If only they'd kept him around as a Final Boss...
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.