|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
How fast can you swim?
From the director of Wolf Creek, we have a 2007 horror film Rogue, also known as Territory.
In Australian outback, bunch of tourists take a river boat ride to see the views and some crocodiles too. On their way back, they see a distress signal and follow it. After finding the remains of its sender's boat, they are attacked by very big crocodile and are stranded on a small islet in the middle of the river. With the tide rising, they are forced to confront the croc on its own territory.
Swim through these:
- Action Survivor: Pete.
- Blood Is Squicker in Water: When the croc attacks Kate.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: For Pete, as they found the other survivors in the forest when he was battling the crocodile.
- Closed Circle: The islet.
- Cue the Sun: After the night of horror, sun shines on our protagonists.
- Dueling Movies: With Black Water. Both released the same year, both based on true stories, both about crocodiles. YMMV on which is the better film.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: One can be seen during a Scenery Porn moment.
- Fingore: The croc bites off two of Pete's fingers in the climax. He retaliates by stabbing one of its eyes.
- Half the Man He Used To Be: Pete finds upper half of Neil's body in the croc's lair.
- Hazardous Water
- Hey, It's That Guy!: That's Sam Worthington in one of his pre-superstar roles.
- Hope Spot: After spending little time on the islet, our cast sees Neil and Collin arriving. Then they are attacked too.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Pete defeats the crocodile by placing himself against a rock, big sharp stick in hand and having it attack him, impaling itself through its head in the process.
- Eat The Dog: It's the most graphic death in the film.
- Mooning: Neil's buddy Collin moons the tourists when they pass them on the river.
- Never Smile At a Crocodile: The film even has the trope naming song playing in the credits.
- Not Quite Dead: After Kate seemingly dies, Pete later on finds her barely alive in the croc's lair.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The crocodile doesn't physically appear in several scenes; victims either vanish or fall prey to Gory Discretion Shots.
- Oh Crap: Neil silently climbs out of the water in the dead of night, when he hears a reptilian growl nearby. His expression is perfectly captured in the torch light.
- One Word Title
- Say My Name: Everett's wife starts screaming his name when he's snatched by the crocodile.
- Scenery Porn
- Tampering with Food and Drink: When the bar owner hears Pete mouthing off about the place on his cellphone, he puts a dead fly on his capuccino.
- In fact, Pete said, "The service here is terrible." What he meant was the phone service, not the customer service, however, which makes it funnier.
- Title Drop: There are plenty of mentions of "territory", but no "rogue".