The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Born George Roderick Toombs, Roddy Piper is a professional wrestler from the 1980's and 1990's. He is extremely well known for his kayfabe rivalry with Hulk Hogan and various movie appearances such as in They Live.
Tropes associated with Roddy Piper include:
- Ax Crazy
- Berserk Button: Basically everything as he was Crazy Awesome but if you really wanted to tick off Hot Rod, you'd say that the kilt was a skirt.
- Catch Phrase: "Just when they think they've got the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS."
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's been referred to as the Robin Williams of wrestling.
- Chew Bubblegum: he's the one who said the immortal line.
- Cool Mask: As Piper Machine.
- Cool Old Guy: His gimmick now is the awesome old-school guy that comes in to teach the young punks a lesson.
- Everything's Louder with Bagpipes: Not only did his entrance theme feature bagpipes, he also occasionally played them himself.
- Fake Nationality: He was billed from Scotland; he's actually from Saskatchewan.
- Finishing Move: A good old fashioned sleeper is Piper's finisher of choice.
- Genre Savvy: This in spades. Even as a face he remembered every dirty trick in the book and exploited them at every chance.
- Iconic Wrestler
- Large Ham: Even by wrestling standards!
- Man in a Kilt
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: He was supposed to be Scottish after all, whilst speaking with a recognisable Canadian accent.
- Precision F-Strike: Got away with saying "bullshit!" at Wrestlemania XXI; appropriately enough, it was in an interview segment with Steve Austin.
- Retired Badass
- Talk Show With Fists: Piper's Pit.
- Underwear of Power
- Violent Glaswegian
- Wild Card: See his Catch Phrase and Genre Savvy above. No one knew what Piper would do at any given time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.