|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
60's Canadian cartoon series set in "the fantastic years to come," supposedly the year 3000, starring Rocket Robin Hood and his Merry Men, direct descendants of the English originals. Produced by Toronto-based Trillium Productions, the second and third seasons were done by Ralph Bakshi, and had a much different feel from the first. Though largely forgotten outside of Canada, the series has been a standby in children's programming blocks ever since its original release, due in part to Canadian content mandates.
- Awesome McCoolname: It's not merely about Robin Hood with rockets; the protagonist's name is actually Rocket Robin Hood
- The Big Guy: Little John
- Dirty Coward: The Sheriff of N.O.T.T. (National Outerspace Terrestrial Territories)
- Ear Worm: The opening theme
- Edible Bludgeon: The fight scenes often featured a hambone and a sack of flour.
- Identical Grandson: The entire cast, as driven home in the episode where Robin and Little John go back in time eighteen hundred years to meet the real Robin Hood.
- Limited Animation: And how!
- Padding: Between the lengthy opening theme, the oft-repeated "character profiles" and the show's annoying habit of recapping, in detail what just happened before the last commercial break, each half-hour episode would consist of maybe ten minutes of original animation. Five, if you factor out all of the Stock Footage
- Recycled in Space: Rocket Robin hood is actually just Robin Hood, except they sometimes fly through space and stick words like "astro" in randomly.
- Fighter Launching Sequence: In the opening sequence.
- Sound in Space