The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Rocket Ranger is a video game released by Cinemaware. It is an Alternate History Science Fiction work, where Germany made a sudden technological advancement in 1940, gaining the ability to construct rockets and chemical bombs.
Tropes used in Rocket Ranger include:
- All Crimes Are Equal: Lawful Evil kind.
- Applied Phlebotinum: The Lunarium is mined on the moon, and is used to create bombs that lowers intelligence in males and makes them sterile. The result is that any effective resistance is eliminated.
- Copy Protection: Justified, as it's used to determine how much fuel you need to use the rocket. Note that it must be exact, as putting in too much causes you to either fly to a random location or overshoot the target.
- Damsel in Distress
- Dialogue Tree
- Expy: The whole concept is rather blatant take on The Rocketeer comic book (the game predates the movie adaptation).
- In Universe Game Clock: In the War Room, it only takes ~10-15 seconds for a month to pass. Spy reports generally take that long to announce. When travelling, time advances only on world travel.
- Non-Lethal KO: You can get shot down by airplanes, but at worst, it kicks you to another country. However, missing the Copy Protection causes death.
- No Swastikas: Some versions replace the Germans with an Interplanetary facist regime. Or replace Germans with aliens.
- The Interplanetary Union of Fascists is the concept from the original game that handwaves scientific breakthroughs of German scientists.
- Police State
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: The whole point of the game. It appears that Nazis won the World War II and the protagonist is granted his rocket pack and necessary informations by some unknown, possibly extraterrestrial party.
- Subtitles Are Superfluous: While there's plenty of text, the few voiced scened have no text.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Main antagonists.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.