The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 2011 Novel by Daniel H Wilson, scheduled to be released as a Steven Spielberg film in 2013. It follows the lives of several characters who become pivotal to the human victory during a Robot War. Set Twenty Minutes Into the Future.
This novel provides examples of:
- AI Is a Crapshoot: Archos, full-stop. Freeborn Squad later in the novel, though they fight with the good guys.
- Apocalypse How: Class 1 -- by robots.
- Black Dude Dies First: Tiberius.
- Creepy Doll: Baby-Comes-Alive.
- The Film of the Book: July 4th weekend 2013, courtesy of Steven Spielberg.
- How We Got Here: Starts immediately after the destruction of the final A.I. bastion, then flashes back to the creation of that A.I. and the start of the robot war.
- Magical Security Cam: The entire narrative is seen through the footage the Rogue A.I. has collected, raising the question why the humans would be monitored but not killed.
- Nicknaming the Enemy: Robots are referred to as "Rob".
- Our Zombies Are Different: Human corpses reanimated by robotic parasites, used for psychological warfare against the humans.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Done to several people by Rob, including a young girl who has her eyes taken out. Comes back to bite the robots late though.
- X Meets Y: There is no review, preview or description of the book, including the cover, that didn't compare it to "World War Z for the Robot War".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.