Describe Robert Rodriguez here.
Whoever he is, he does most of the work on his films, directing, screenwriting, editing, composing, production designing and just about everything else aside from being the actual cameraman. No, wait, he does that too. He's also very proud to be Mexican, as most of his movies can attest.
He and fellow director Quentin Tarantino have worked together on a couple of each other's projects, their biggest collaboration being Grindhouse.
- El Mariachi
- "Room 309 - The Misbehavers", one segment in Four Rooms
- From Dusk till Dawn
- The Faculty
- The Spy Kids series.
- Once Upon a Time In Mexico
- The Stab segment in Scream 2.
- The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D
- Sin City
- Planet Terror, one half of the Grindhouse collab with Quentin Tarantino
- Predators, as producer (but still enough to envoke And the Fandom Rejoiced)
- Machete, a spinoff from one of the fake trailers featured in Grindhouse and takes place in the Spy Kids universe.
Robert Rodriguez provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents - his children are called Rocket, Racer, Rebel and Rogue. (And Rhiannon.)
- Badass Spaniard: Take any Mexican-themed Rodriguez film and you'll find plenty of really badass macho men.
- Cool Hat: See above, he seems to always be seen wearing that hat (or a similar one).
- Directing Against Type: When Spy Kids first came out, his name on the posters provoked numerous DoubleTakes. By now, his family-friendly films may represent an alternative type.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With Quentin Tarantino.
- Hey, It's That Guy! - There is a set of actors that Rodriguez is using in nearly every film he made. Most prominent examples are Danny Trejo, Cheech Marin and Tom Savini
- Rule of Cool
- Shout-Out: The names of three of his children are revealed to be part of Juni Cortez's full name in Spy Kids 2.
- So My Kids Can Watch: Why he directed Spy Kids and all that lot.
- South of the Border: Loves having fun with Mexican stereotypes.
- Unfortunate Names - We repeat, his children are called Rocket, Racer, Rebel and Rogue. (And Rhiannon.)
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"? - We repeat the above repetition, his children are called Rocket, Racer, Rebel and Rogue. (And Rhiannon.)
- Your Mileage May Vary: Some of us find the names Rocket, Racer, Rebel and Rogue pretty badass.
- (And Rhiannon.)
- World of Badass: Again, there is hardly a character in his action movies who isn't badass in some form.