The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character starts slaughtering others in the name of Revenge.
- Straight: After her little sister Garnet is slain by Emperor Jasper's minions, Ruby sets out to get revenge, even if it means taking down all his generals and the emperor himself one by one.
- Exaggerated: Garnet is killed by Emperor Jasper's forces; Ruby proceeds to slaughter every last soldier, General, and every last "evil" member of The Empire, plus their families, saving the Emperor himself for last.
- Justified: Garnet was all she had left; with her death, Ruby feels she has nothing left to live for save vengeance.
- Inverted: Emperor Jasper calls for Ruby's blood after she doesn't pay her dues to him.
- Subverted: Ruby finally reaches Jasper, who promptly kicks the everliving-tar out of her.
- Double Subverted: But in her last moments, Ruby delivers the finishing blow on Jasper.
- Parodied: Emperor Jasper's minions stomp on Garnet's toes, prompting Ruby to seek their blood.
- Deconstructed: Ruby's quest for vengeance takes a psychological toll on her; that's to say nothing of the collateral damage that accumulates around her. And her surviving sisters Pearl and Diamond suffer horribly and are permanently alienated from her.
- Reconstructed: While Ruby is sad to be alienated from her sisters, she is now the ruler of Jasper's empire allowing her to become The High Queen, and vows that no one will ever have to endure the loss that she did.
- Zig Zagged: Ruby sets forth to eliminate them all, and gleefuly eliminates several targets, before coming to Emerald who she sympathizes with finding herself unable to go through with it. Emerald then begs for death to atone for the crime, and convinces Ruby to do one last favor for Emerald, kill the others. Badly shaken, but driven to honor the last request of Emerald, Ruby reluctantly reaches her next target, the Complete Monster Alexandrite who she gleefully murders. At last with only Jasper remaining she is captured, Jasper asks Ruby why she has set forth to kill him. On hearing it, Jasper arranges for her to get loose, and halfheartedly fights her in the final confrontation. Once he falls, Ruby exalts in her vengeance but admits she is glad it is over so she can go back to a normal life. Then Jasper's advisers hail Ruby as the new Empress, on orders of the repentant Emperor's last will and testament.
- Averted: After Garnet's death, Ruby seeks only Jasper's blood.
- Enforced: "We need an Excuse Plot for our Hack and Slash game -- let's give The Hero a Dead Little Sister to avenge!"
- Lampshaded: "You killed my sister! Prepare to die! ALL OF YOU!"
- Invoked: The Emperor sees Ruby as a threat and deliberately provokes her into going on a suicidal mission.
- Defied: Knowing the bloodshed her crusade would lead to, Ruby decides to seek justice for her sister's death in a peaceful manner.
- Discussed: "It's a wonder the Emperor is still alive, considering all the people with dead loved ones who want to gruesomely kill him."
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Jasper's minions just broke Garnet's leg; she'll heal soon enough... but she's been making Ruby wait on her hand and foot, driving her insane. Thus, Ruby goes to beat up Jasper and everyone else responsible, drag them back home, and make them take care of Garnet while she recovers.
- Played For Drama: Garnet is gruesomely killed and Ruby grimly sets out to avenge her, choosing to target everyone and everything Emperor Jasper holds dear to him. After killing everyone close to him, destroying his palace, usurping his throne and driving him into exile before hunting him down half a world away and destroying nations in the process, Ruby finds that she cannot kill the pathetic wreck of a man she finds before her. Faced with the knowledge that she has abandoned her two living sisters to pursue a petty vendetta against one man, killing many innocents in the process, she throws off her ill-gotten power, swears never to kill again, and goes home to her family with nothing but the clothes on her back, her killing days behind her. She is killed by one of the vengeful relatives of a person she murdered, never seeing her family again and going down in history as a worse monster than Emperor Jasper.
Back to Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.