|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"With a twist. You never see coming."
A 2006 post 9-11 terrorism movie about a generic guy named Brad and his generic wife named Lexi, who get caught up in a large-scale terrorist attack on Los Angeles. Informed by the radio that the bombs carried a biological agent, Brad uses duct tape to seal off the house while Lexi, who was on her way to work, is trapped outside. Brad refuses to let her enter the house, leading to a great deal of hammed-up drama.
Contains examples of:
- Death By Pragmatism / Death by Irony
- Downer Ending
- Duct Tape for Everything
- Grey and Gray Morality: Is Brad the bad guy for sealing his wife out of the house? Or is Lexi the bad guy for wanting to come inside and possibily contaminate two other people?
- Heroic Sacrifice: Alvaro dooms himself by leaving the quarantined house to be with his wife. Or did he?
- Incurable Cough of Death
- Not Quite the Right Thing: Sealing Lexi outside.
- Psychological Horror
- Sadistic Choice
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Because Brad sealed the house, the virus mutated and became lethal, so they kill him.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Very, very heavily on the cynicism side.
- The Dog Bites Back: After Brad sealed Lexi outside, she unknowingly gets him back by throwing her cell phone into the house, introducing the contagion.