The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A robot character looks and acts exactly like a human.
- Straight: H34-TH3R is a robot who passes almost perfectly for a human at first (and possibly second) glance.
- Exaggerated: 3R has the complete outward anatomy of a human, including certain bits that would be completely impractical on a robot.
- 3R has human organs and can even become pregnant and give birth to a human-ish kid.
- Downplayed: 3R may not look human at all, but her personality is almost indistinguishable from a real human.
- Justified: 3R was built as an experiment into human/robot psychology; she needs to be humanoid in order to get the full human experience. More utilitarian robots in the same universe aren't humanoid at all.
- Alternatively, 3R has an actual human brain.
- 3R was intentionally designed to be her creator's human partner/daughter.
- 3Ris an infiltrator unit, it needs to appear human enough in order to increase its effectiveness and avoid detection.
- Lampshaded: "Query: Exactly what was the point of giving me superfluous traits like emotion?"
- Deconstructed: Being ridiculously human also means 3R gets none of the fringe benefits of being robotic; no improved strength, no extended lifespan, no super intelligence, no Brain Uploading, no innate tech savvy, no nothing.
- Reconstructed: ...At least, that's how she's forced to seem so people still think she's human.
- But it's not a problem for 3R: Having no robotic advantages doesn't prevents her from partying with her friends, play sports, go to a dinner with her lover...
- Subverted: 3R looks like a human at first, but she still has numerous glitches that keep her from perfectly mirroring human behavior.
- Double Subverted: These glitches mimic real human disorders.
- Inverted: Jerry is a human with so many cybernetics grafted onto him that he barely counts as human anymore.
- Averted: 3R neither looks nor acts quite like a human.
- Defied: No robots anywhere in the universe are even remotely humanoid.
- Played For Laughs: 3R "I'm a robot and you only just told me?"
- Played For Drama: 3R is just another person trying to fit in, but finds herself encountering fear and resentment wherever she goes. She can, and does, cry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.