|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Life is a rhapsody - irregular in form, and you always have to improvise. Depressing? Maybe, but anything you can jam to can’t be all bad.
Rhapsodies is a webcomic by Bill Morse dealing with the lives of neighbors, Paul Huen, Kate Jennersten and Brian Fitzpatrick and all of their friends.
Updated weekdays it also has a wiki.
This webcomic contains examples of the following tropes:
- A-Cup Angst: Blossom
- All Just a Dream: All of the Christmas episodes… We think.
- Anime Hair: Hsin uses WAY too much product.
- Badass: Fedya… just Fedya.
- Big Badass Wolf: Mitzi (though most people who know her consider her a Big Friendly Dog)
- Bilingual Bonus: Fedya translating for his aunt. He’s lying.
- British Accents: Blossom’s accent is mostly West Country.
- Bunny Ears Lawyer: For obvious reasons, most people don’t seem to realize just how smart Brian is when they first meet him.
- Butt Monkey: Gage
- Celestial Bureaucracy : The Department of Minor Nuisances, and others.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Kevin
- Cool Shades: Shilo
- Deadpan Snarker: Nancy, though most of the cast can hold their own.
- Did You Just Have Sex?: Here
- Ditzy Genius: Brian
- Dresses the Same : Caused an awkward moment for Kate here
- Embarrassing First Name: Petronilla Blossom Hannaford and Clarence Gage.
- Expressive Hair Paul's mullet tends to fluff up when he's mad or shocked.
- Friends Rent Control: Subverted, the Fitzpatricks have a huge problem renting the three apartments around Brian’s, even at slum rates.
- Funny Foreigner : Fedya and Blossom
- Gentle Giant: Mr. Large Hideous Bull Creature.
- Goth: Blossom, Francine, Olive, Stefan, Scylla and (presumably) Bert
- Happily Married: Brian’s Parents.
- Hot Librarian: Kate
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Blossom This may or may not be literal.
- Masochist's Meal: Blossom isn't allowed to take her curry to potlucks anymore.
- Perky Goth: Blossom and Scylla
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Fedya
- Shipper on Deck: Michelle
- Something We Forgot: The Band does this all the time with Kevin.
- Stalker with a Crush: Janet
- Sunglasses At Night: Shilo
- Talk Like a Pirate: Blossom. Well… like a Devon farm girl
- The Ghost: Bert
- Those Two Guys: Fran and Olive
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Kate
- Weirdness Censor: There appears to be quite a bit going on in the peripheral vision that most of the cast seems to be unaware of... and those who are, aren't talking.