|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A blog that consists mostly of reviews of the media that the author watches/reads, or perhaps a review site constructed with blogging software. Particularly common are anime blogs (usually on an episode-by-episode basis) and book review blogs. These can build up a community of readers who share the writer's tastes - in the case of TV shows and anime fansubs, considerable discussions can arise in comment sections for the entries, acting almost like a discussion forum.
- Anime Nano is an aggregator of anime blogs, including those of some shameless self-promoting contributors.
- Animeblogger has a fair number of hosted anime blogs as well, and has its own aggregator.
- Anime Bites.
- Cinnamon Bunzuh is a blog that reviews the Animorphs series. It uses an hybrid synopsis/stream-of-thought discussion format, with the authors starting with a description and then going into a conversational play-by-play of sorts of the notable moments in a book. Found here: 
- Mark Reads Harry Potter, is a popular blog that reviews each Harry Potter book, chapter by chapter. Mark is currently in Deathly Hallows. He likes the series a lot.
- Reasoning with Vampires is a blog dedicated to providing a line by line analysis of the Twilight series. This differs from most criticism of Twilight in that the blog focuses on grammar, rhetoric, and technical execution instead of plot. (though there is still plenty of criticism on plot)
- Stainless Steel Droppings does this for science fiction and fantasy books, movies of all genres and - increasingly - genre-related art and illustration.
- BloggerBeware is a blog that reviews (read: ingeniously mocks) every one of R.L. Stine's Goosebumps, Goosebumps 2000, and eventually, Horrorland books. Has its own main page on tvtropes.
- The Comics Curmudgeon, link, is a popular blog that reviews various Newspaper Comics on a daily basis.
- These Web Comics Are So Bad. It reviews bad webcomics (to the blog owner). It's a parody of Caustic Critic review blogs.
- The United Federation of Charles analyzes video games and science fiction/fantasy novels (largely) from a literary perspective.
- The Sturgeon Awards. It exists to review every bad thing in existence.
- The Fire Blogger reviews mainly things that he considers overrated, including The Middle. Your Mileage May Vary in a HUGE way.
- Lifetime,Wow!. Reviews and mocks the Narm Charm of lifetime movies.
- The Strawberry Dragon Project: Does not focus on one medium or quality in particular, except for a slight focus towards classic video games. Evolved into a Video Review Show.