|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A Kissing Trope. Alice and Bob have been separated for a long time; then, when they see each other for the first time after the separation, a number of things can happen. They might rush to each other, one may walk to the other in a daze, or one might come up behind the other and catch her shoulder. Then, one babbles while the other is covering her in kisses, or they share a long drawn out kiss, or they kiss repeatedly. Either way, tears and laughter are sure to be plentiful, from them as well as from their friends and comrades. Is usually a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
In short, all the worry and fear of their separation and its surrounding events is released in a shower of tears and a passionate or frenzied kiss.
- Anne of Green Gables (the third movie): Upon seeing her husband in a POW camp, Anne freezes up as he walks towards her. Then, she bursts into tears and runs at him. Gilbert then covers her in kisses while she laughs and cries.
- It's a Wonderful Life: After getting reinserted into history, George rushes home to find his wife and kids alive and well. He embraces Mary and covers her in kisses to her surprise and slight bewilderment.
- The Lion King II. When Kovu and Kiara find each other after he gets banished, they run at each other and (being lions) nuzzle and lick each other, while playing in the sand.
- L.A. Story. After deciding to leave the man she's trying to resist falling in love with, Sara McDowel's flight is canceled due to the weather. When she returns to him, she walks toward him and they kiss passionately. Watch it here, starting at 5:35.
- Aragorn and Arwen's reunion in The Return of the King, after their parting of the ways in the first film.
- Tank Girl. When TG and Booger reunite after the defeat of Water & Power they kiss.
- Dances with Wolves: This should more accurately be titled Epic Reunion Tackle And Makeout For Ages and Ages and... holy cow, are they even breathing??
- In the film P.S. I Love You, Holly makes a bet with Gerry in their first meeting that if by chance they happen to meet again, she would return his jacket. Some time later, while still in Ireland, Holly entered a pub where Gerry happened to be playing. He sings to her Galway Girl before taking his guitar off and sweeping Holly off her feet for a kiss.
- In one Animorphs book, Jake and Cassie reunite with a passionate kiss. This later becomes important when the howlers, who were watching, begin to try to kiss their enemies instead of attacking them.
- Lost finally allowed Desmond and Penny to meet in the present during the season 4 finale after years of being apart. Cue waterworks, passionate kisses, and promises to never ever ever leave one another ever ever again.
- Jack and Ianto in the first season finale of Torchwood.
- In The X-Files episode "The Truth", Mulder and Scully share a lengthy kiss after having been separated for about a year.
- Babylon 5: Sheridan and Delenn in "Between the Darkness and the Light," several months and a lot of agony after they had to part eight episodes earlier.
- Very similar only without the kiss (except in a fraternal way) is the end of Twelfth Night where Half-Identical Twins Viola and Sebastian are reunited.
- Shepard and Liara, if she was your love interest in the previous game, in Mass Effect 2.
- In the true ending of Lunar 2, Hiro and Lucia kissed each other upon their reunion.
- Beatrice and Alan have one within the first pages of The Dreamer.
- Zuko and Mai's kiss and incredibly adorable cuddle at the end of ~Avatar: The Last Airbender~.
- Subverted in the Ka Blam!! episode Won't Stick to Most Dental Work!. After Henry comes back to the show after quitting, he and June hug instead of kiss.
- Will does this to Matt in WITCH after he's restored from being Shagon.
- The famous Times Square Kiss from World War II, with the young lady pretty much standing in for the country as a whole.