|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Resident Evil 7:Biohazard is a 2017 game.
Ethan Winters's wife Mia disappeared for three years while working as a babysitter. Three years later, Ethan receives a message that seems to be from Mia to pick her up in a remote location in the fictional city of Dulvey, Louisiana, USA. The good news is that Mia is alive. The bad news is that in the house where she is resides an horrible evil...
Developed and published by Capcom.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ethan requests assistance for Zoe after being forced to leave her behind. However, while Blue Umbrella shows up, it’s actually Zoe’s UNCLE who saves the day.
- Distressed Damsel; Both Mia and Zoe are being held by the Bakers. In Zoe's case, she actually IS one of the Bakers, she is just more resistant to the infection than the Molded and her parents.
- Expy: The plot is similar to that of Orphan...minus people becoming superhuman mutants.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Lucas Baker was originally a juvenile delinquent who was the bad seed of his family. But once Eveline infected his family, he became a sadistic torturer and murderer. Of course, before then it was implied he locked a bully to starve to death in his attic.
- Game Face: When Mia manifests her infection, her face turns, well, zombie-like.
- Genre Blind: By the time he sees the rotten food on the Bakers' kitchen, Ethan should have already run far away from the building, because obviously nothing or something very bad is what he should expect to find if he continued to explore these rooms. But Love Makes You Dumb... The Swamp Gators end up doing the same thing and they end up being killed.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Subverted with Lucas Baker in Not A Hero DLC. He states that he had done horrible things, as well as torture and murder the men that were sent after him...but then he states that he enjoyed every second of it.
- Knife Nut: Mia attacks Ethan with a knife early in the game. She eventually switches to a chainsaw.
- Not Quite Dead: Jack Baker manages to survive being injected by the antidote to Eveline's infection, becoming the Swamp Thing.
- Personality Powers: Though it's ambiguous whether she was fond of bugs before she was infected by Eveline, Marguerite has the ability to control bugs and loves insects.
- Split Personality: Thanks to being infected, Mia's personality has divided between her normal self and basically an animal-like ,murderous monster.
- Split Personality Makeover: Mia looks like a traditional zombie when, well, her zombie self manifests.
- Super Strength: The molded can easily throw people bigger than them for a long distance(Ethan probably don't flies more when he first gets thrown because he hit an wall).
- Torture Technician: Unlike Jack and Marguerite, who would typically kill a victim or make them eat Marguerite’s cooking so that they would become a Molded, Lucas prefers to torture his victims before killing them.