|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Back when I was a little squirt I tended to choose video games based on the box art rather than any reviews I might get ahold of. For me it was a tossup between Trespasser and Half Life. One had a nerd with a goatee on a nasty orange background while the other had a badass velociraptor in 3D! You can't tell from the pictures but the Trespasser raptor head on the box is textured and sticking out a bit. I thought it was darn cool so I went with that.—Research Indicates
Research Indicates is a Let's Player from the Something Awful forums. He's best known for his Jurassic Park - Trespasser LP, which can be found archived here. His Something Awful Trespasser Lets Play thread is also available to non-registered users, and goes into far more detail. His informative commentary stands out from other Let's Plays as he tells you everything there is to know about the game, there's more of a documentary feel to it.
Tropes about Research Indicates and his Let's Plays include;
- Deadpan Snarker: He has this in spades.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Going by a number of comments from the goons on his Trespasser thread at Something Awful.
- Precision F-Strike: His calm, unflappable, good old boy demeanor occasionally gives way in the face of an occasional surpi- "SHITFIRE!"
- Southern Gentleman: His manner of speaking really reflects this, along with his Texan accent.
- Younger Than They Sound: Listen to his deep, rich voice. Would you believe he's only twenty-six?