The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character has to be reminded that he trusts others.
- Straight: Jack and Horatio became Fire-Forged Friends after fighting a troll. When Jack investigates a dragon, he finds Horatio sneaking about and tells him that they fought against the troll again. Horatio tells him what he learned.
- Exaggerated: Horatio acts wary whenever he meets Jack.
- Justified: Habit's a hard thing to break.
- Inverted: Horatio always trusts anyone who's been nice to him.
- Subverted: Jack was trying to pry open Horatio so he can kill the dragon and get credit.
- Double Subverted: Except that he knew that facing the dragon would kill Horatio and he doesn't really care about credit.
- Parodied: Horatio has to be reminded constantly. Once an Episode, maybe even Once A Scene.
- Deconstructed: Jack becomes even more suspicious of Horatio, since people with actual trust relationships don't need to remind each other of the fact.
- Reconstructed: Horatio's Dark and Troubled Past comes out, and he begins the slow process of undoing all the bad habits it taught him.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Once Horatio has won Jack's trust, Jack never seems to doubt that fact.
- Enforced: The producers want the freedom to run episodes Out of Order, so they make sure this important bit of characterization between Jack and Horatio is kept fresh.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
What do you think you're doing, skulking back to Remember That You Trust Me by yourself? We're in this together, you know!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.