Reese Witherspoon was born March 22, 1976, in New Orleans, Louisiana. She won an Academy Award in 2005 for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. Her breakout role was Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. She is noted for being able to play a broad spectrum of characters. She was married to Ryan Philippe.
- Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
- Annette Hargrove in Cruel Intentions
- Tracy Flick in Election
- Vanessa Julia Lutz in Freeway
- June Carter Cash in Walk the Line
- Nicole in Fear
- Nicky's mom in Little Nicky
- Kate in Four Christmases
- Voice of Ginormica in Monsters vs. Aliens
- Voice of Debbie, Buck Strickland's mistress on King of the Hill.
- Voice of Greta Wolfcastle, Rainier's daughter, and Bart's girlfriend on The Simpsons.
- Marlena in Water for Elephants
- Lauren in This Means War
This actress and her roles provide examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: You better. 
- Deadpan Snarker: On and off-screen.
- Dumb Blonde: EXTREMELY averted!
- Large Ham: She's pretty hammy in Freeway, Election, and also a few moments of Legally Blonde.
- Ms. Fanservice: She can be this in This Means War, Legally Blonde, and (YMMV) Water For Elephants.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gifted at doing these, see Walk the Line and
- Playing Against Type: Tracy and Vannessa are nothing like Elle Woods.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Trust me when I say that she is nothing like Vanessa Lutz or Tracy Flick.
- Rule of Sean Connery: Freeway and Election. Nuff said.
- She Really Can Act(And Sing): Just see Walk The Line and your jaw will drop.
- What Could Have Been: She was offered the staring role in Word Girl, but declined.