|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
YMMV for the film Red
- Adaptation Displacement: Loosely based on the the comic miniseries of the same name. The movie is less serious and gory.
- Crazy Awesome: Boggs, he keeps a grenade launcher in a stuffed pig he carries everywhere; and even uses the grenade launcher as a baseball bat to hit a grenade back at an attacker - and that's before he shoots an RPG round dead-on. Also, his Properly Paranoid streak helps the group anticipate and deal with or escape several encounters.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Back in the Saddle" during Moses and Cooper's fight scene.
- Reality Is Unrealistic: While the specific example of an unbreakable lock being set next to a very breakable wall may not be a literal example, it's representative of a larger problem government organizations have of doing something extremely competently up to a certain point and then screwing it up with a glaring lack of foresight. One real-life example is a computer that the armed forces designed that was able to withstand absolutely any possible damage, up to and including the location it was in surviving a direct thermonuclear strike... but you couldn't take a drink into the room with it or you might ruin the keyboard.
- Role Association: As a reviewer said, besides Bruce Willis there is "Nancy Botwin from Weeds, Nelson Mandela, the guy in whose mind John Cusack mucked around, the Queen of England, the original Hannibal "the Cannibal" Lecter, Matt Hooper, Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, one of the original Dirty Dozen, and Mrs. David Mamet. Wow." And he left Dr. Doom out!
- Too Cool to Live: Joe. Twice.
YMMV for the comic book Red
- Anvilicious: Expected of Warren Ellis' work. This one has one for each major character:
- Paul Moses screams how fanaticism is as self-destructive as it is generally destructive.
- Michael Beesley screams how Democracy Is Especially Bad when intelligence is vital to a job.
- Adrian Kane screams how refusing to acknowledge the past condemns people to repeat it.
- Sally screams how painful being Ignorant of Their Own Ignorance always turns out to be.
- Informed Attractiveness: Sally
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.