The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Frank strolling into Cooper's office and beating the shit out of him. Not that Cooper didn't put up a decent fight.
- Mook, meet grenade launcher.
- Twice. Once the usual way, and once by using the launcher as a baseball bat to knock the grenade back right in the thrower's face.
- Frank casually stepping out of the speeding police car, as Cooper's trying to shoot him.
- Frank vs the first hit team sent to kill him. He gets up in the middle of the night, strolls into the kitchen, with the bad guys behind him the whole way. They come bursting in only to find no sign of him. Cue Frank coming up behind and taking them out in the blink of an eye. This would be rather typical if it weren't for the fact that he doesn't even look half-awake while doing it. A first rate hit squad comes gunning for the guy and he takes them out on autopilot.
- Victoria and the .50 cal. machine gun. Helen Mirren firing automatic weapons. If that's not the definition of AWESOME, I don't know what is.
- This shows in the trailer, but the trailer does not convey the sheer awesomeness of the scene. John Malkvoich' character, Marvin, has been established many times over as a Crazy Awesome character, but his best moment has to be towards the end of the film, where his part in the assassination attempt on the corrupt Vice President includes running, full tilt at a secret service detail while wearing a bomb that includes a detonator made from a cheesy cartoon character clock, screaming. Is also a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Earlier, during the pier shootout, Marvin faces down an assassin known as "The Businesswoman". The Businesswoman has a Chinese Type 69 rocket launcher. Marvin has an S&W Model 460V. He waits until she fires the rocket and then shoots one bullet right into its fuse; the resulting blast obliterates the rocket and the assassin. As with the above bomb scene, it showed up in the trailer, but the full awesomeness must be seen to be believed.
Marvin: "Old man my ass."
- Frank killing Dunning. After seeing all of the other bad guys get shot, you'd expect the same thing for that one. But nope, Frank just crushes his windpipe.
Frank: You feel better?
Marvin: Yeah. You wanna get pancakes?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.