The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Acceptable Lifestyle Targets: The main trio all lived with their parents when the show started. While this was never truly made fun of, it was considered "pathetic," and used to show that the trio lacked drive each in their own way.. Sam was purposely encouraged not to try to hard by his parents (who assumed he was going to be taken to hell for their sins), Sock is lazy, and Ben was too weak willed to get out from under his mother's thumb. All three overcome this when they move out halfway through the series and get an apartment together.
- Acceptable Targets: There's a portal to Hell in the DMV. What do you mean that's not normal?
- Complete Monster: Most of the escaped souls are somewhat balanced, but some of them are downright evil. One of the more notable ones can mutiple and is a borderline rapist without committing the act.
- Crazy Awesome: Sock.
- Evil Is Cool: Dude, Ray Wise as The Devil is the epitome of cool.
- Evil Is Sexy: In the second season, Ben starts dating Nina, a demon. When she's in human form, you have this. When she's not, you have Fan Disservice.
- Foe Yay: Satan used to date God.
- Fridge Brilliance: Sam is the only one of the Devil's children who's openly defiant to his face and willing to tell him off...which is exactly the relationship the Devil had with his own father, God.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: At the end of second episode, Andi jokes about being in Hell together. Then the end of the series happens and it looks like she was right.
- Ho Yay: Tony and Steve aside, Sock has an awful lot of moments like this toward Sam (telling him he's never been more attracted to a man, the making out in the woods comment, always mentioning how tasty he looks, the hugging/butt slapping...), and there's even a little vice versa (calling Sock 'sweetheart', that hand-holding thing when Sam couldn't stand up well, anticipating his emotions expertly, etc). The episode "Leon" even included a little break-up-make-up plot.
- Nina tells Sock she was't sure if he was gay or straight, thinking he was attracted to Ben. Although she probably just said that to annoy him, as it was in a nightmare she sent him.* Large Ham: Sock
- Magnificent Bastard: The Devil, of course, often mingling with Crowning Moment of Awesome. Consider, for instance, The Cop: he teleports Sam into a high-class restaurant and presents him with an expensive watch and a dinner of fresh lobster, supposedly as a reward for a job well done. Then vanishes a split-second before the check arrives, leaving Sam to pay for both meals. Oh, and the watch was taken from the corpse of a recent murder victim, which makes Sam the top suspect as soon as a cop notices it.
- Moral Event Horizon: Steve. Overlaps with Dick Move God
- Nightmare Fuel - Possibly in Coming to Grips after beheading a soul, Sam wants ham to eat and supposedly ham tastes alot like humans.
- Unfortunate Implications: They probably didn't intend to imply that being a rapist is OK if you're an insecure self-loathing coward, but that's kind of how Greg comes off.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.