The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: To many, including some of his Conservative detractors, Maher's continuous criticism of the 9/11 Truth Movement. During a taping of Real Time in October 2007, he was heckled by a group of Truthers who continuously interrupted his show by yelling out their theories. After only a few minutes, Maher got off stage and confronted the hecklers himself and then ordered them out of his studio.
- Confirmation Bias: It attempts to subvert this, but generally if you agree with him you will like it, if you disagree with him you will hate it.
- Critical Research Failure: Defended South Park for being against religion, when the creators of South Park are not against religion.
- Really his defense was of South Park's right to free speech, especially when the groups they target (in this case, Viacom under political pressure) are offended by it, despite the fact that the SP creators disagree with him on a lot of issues. He's made the same argument towards Rush Limbaugh, saying that he'd rather live in a country where people are allowed to say things that may offend others, than one where no one has the right to say anything that might rub against the grain.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Too many to count. They primarily appear in the New Rules segments.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: From the May 8th, 2009 episode: "New Rule: The Supreme Court is a deliberative body, not a sausage party. We need a court that looks like America, not like a hundred-year reunion of the Whiffenpoofs. That's why Obama needs to find a non-lawyer, single parent with disabilities who is also a bi-curious black woman. [slide of Michael Jackson] Michael Jackson, your comeback starts now!" Micheal Jackson died a few months later.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses: Or choose to be a stay-at-home mom, according to Maher.
- Unfortunate Implications / Dude, Not Funny: His tendency to use personal and offensive language against women he's opposed to. For example, he's called Sarah Palin both the t-word and the c-word. He doesn't regret this at all.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.