The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: A truly manly character has a taste for meat.
- Played Straight: Bob has as his Trademark Favorite Food, steak.
- Exaggerated: Every time we see Bob eating it's from a large slab of meat.
- Justified: When Bob was young his mother made remarkably exquisite steak.
- Inverted: Bob and his fellow bikers walk into a diner and order salads.
- Alternatively, Alice loves to eat steak.
- Subverted: Bob announces how hungry he is, and then eats a salad at lunch.
- Double Subverted: But the salad has bacon and chicken in it.
- Deconstructed: Bob almost never consumes anything vegetarian or vegan, and as a result gets little of the beneficial nutrients provided by fruits and vegetables. His health declines dramatically as a result.
- Reconstructed: Upon noting the risk of not having a balanced diet, Bob decides to eat more salad...but never without bacon bits, of course.
- Parodied: Bob eats nothing but meat, subscribes to a meat-lover's magazine, is on a first-name basis with the local butcher, worships a T-bone steak, and lives in a house made of meat. Oh, and his wife wears a dress made of such.
- Lampshaded: 'Ooh, I'm eating steak, I'm so manly!'
- Averted: Bob regularly eats fruits and vegetables as well as meat.
- Enforced: "We need to show that our character is manly. Real men don't eat salad."
- Invoked: Bob orders a bacon double cheeseburger.
- Defied: Bob believes that a meat-based diet is morally wrong and/or unhealthy, so he makes it a veggie burger with veggie bacon and soy cheese.
- "Real men don't give themselves scurvy."
- Played For Laughs: Bob orders a 12-decker bacon-and-grilled-cheese sandwich, battered and fried.
- Played For Drama: Bob likes meat...human meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.