|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
ReRave is a rhythm/action game currently released for iOS systems. It was produced by Kyle Ward and Chris Foy, who were two of the same developers behind In the Groove before Konami filed a lawsuit against them. The core mechanic is based on rotating power symbols that match the rhythm when they point up and stop rotating. On beginner levels it's pretty simple. On some higher-rated levels, however, it tends to be much harder than it looks.
Not be confused with the song of the same name that was on Pump It Up: PRO.
Provides Examples of:
- Button Mashing - Multi-taps are a rhythm-based version.
- Exergaming - The upcoming arcade version
- Harder Than Hard - Originally the difficulty meter went from 1 to 9; it was later expanded up to 11, and the 13th pack introduced Your Own Destiny, a 12. And who knows how much higher it'll go?
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels - Easy, Hard and Master.
- Lucky Charms Title - The ReRave logo is usually stylized with the notes replacing the e's.
- Rank Inflation - Grades go from F to A to 5 stars as of the 1.3 update.
- Rhythm Game
- Speedy Techno Remake - "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by KaW
- Spiritual Successor - To the In the Groove series
- ↑ There is no Medium, for some reason.