|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
One of the many western-themed television series that filled the airwaves in the mid-20th century, Rawhide ran from 1959 to 1965, the twilight years of the Golden Age of the Western. It starred Eric Fleming as trailboss Gil Favour, a taciturn Team Dad, and a young Clint Eastwood as "Rowdy" Yates, his protege on the cattle trail. For eight seasons, the team of cattle men drove heads of steer along the Sedalia Trail from Texas to Missouri. Which all looked remarkably like Southern California.
- The American Civil War: Part of several characters' backstories.
- Big Brother Mentor: Favor to Rowdy.
- Camp Cook: Wishbone
- Cattle Drive: This show is almost nothing but cattle drives, though sometimes they stumble upon Adventure Towns and outlaws.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Mr. Favor disappears between the seventh and final season with no explanation.
- Disappeared Dad: Mr. Favor, actually. He's got two children back east.
- Estrogen Brigade Bait: Mr. Favor is the Tall, Dark and Handsome sort, Rowdy is, well, Clint Eastwood.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: "Incident with|at|of|on X" (although this was dropped for season four, and for the final two seasons it was dropped again).
- Opening Narration: Mr. Favor usually provided these. After he disappears, Rowdy takes up the mantle.
- Team Dad: Mr. Favor. Don't forget it.
- Team Mom: Wishbone.
- The Western
- The Wild West