The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Melora Creager
- Daniel DeJesus
- Dawn Miceli
- Thanks for the Ether (1996)
- How We Quit the Forest (1998)
- Cabin Fever (2002)
- Frustration Plantation (2004)
- Oh Perilous World (2007)
- Sister Kinderhook (2010)
Rasputina provides examples of:
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Their namesake is Rasputin.
- Baroque Pop
- Blatant Lies: "Our Lies" exemplifies this trope, with the singer variously claiming that she was never conceived, the bones in her face weren't there all along and that she loves your coffee cake.
- Creepy Doll: “Gingerbread Coffin”.
- Goodbye, Cruel World: "A Quitter". The title has a double meaning in French, which phonetically translates to "has left."
- I Am the Band: Rasputina is Melora Creager.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Inverted with their appropriately dark and foreboding cover of “Bad Moon Rising”, Creedence Clearwater Revival's peppy song about impending doom.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Their primary genre is rock WITH CELLOS!.
- Nightmare Fetishist: A good number of their songs treat dark subject matter, but most aren't treated in this fashion. However, the glee that is expressed at the idea of pumping holy water into the anus of a possessed man in "Christian Soldiers" and at the idea of cannibalism among the Donner Party and colonial Pilgrims in "The Donner Party" do delve into this territory.
- No Party Like a Donner Party: “The Donner Party”.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Rasputina and their fans tend to favor the corset.
- Pun-Based Title: "Dwarf Star" is a pun on the celestial body.
He said he was a dwarfstar
'Cause he was small
And he was…famous
- Tear Jerker: “A Quitter”.
- Victorian London: They use imagery from this period in their songs, and their website even claims that the band was created in 1891.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.