|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The 2010 movie adaptation for the Ramona Quimby series of books. Instead of adapting a single book, the movie hits on most of the major story lines of the series and compresses everything into a single year (the series takes place over a span of six years).
The film provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: At the expense of Selena Gomez.
- Compressed Adaptation: The movie hits on most the major plot events of the books by making them all happen in a relatively short time period.
- Embarrassing Nickname:
Beezus: Who could ever love someone named Beezus?
- Gosh Darn It to Heck: As in Ramona the Brave, Ramona is so angry she threatens to say a bad word. So she shouts "GUTS!", but rather than get in trouble, she gets laughed at.
- Never Trust a Trailer: While the movie has a lot of humor in it, the trailers make it seem like a slapstick comedy.
- Non Indicative Title: Despite the title being an inversion of the first book's title, that book has the least amount of material used in the movie.
- Much of the film's plot actually comes from the fourth book Ramona and Her Father.
- The Runaway: Ramona