Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- The third movie was banned in the USSR (the ban was lifted very quickly because of The Great Politics Mess-Up). The fourth is, unsurprisingly, banned in Burma.
- In Japan, where Rambo was indeed very popular, the word "rambo" can be translated as "senseless violence"
- Likewise, in Finland, "Rambo" has become a generic word to describe a commando of any sort. So much so that many younger people are surprised to find out the word comes from the movies instead of the other way around.
- In Taiwan, any knife with a serrated blade back has come to be called a "Rambo Knife".
- Rambo is in fact named after a US Postal Service worker, who also went on to cultivate a type of apple that now bears his name.
- His first name comes from the war song "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again".
- Fake Russian
- What Could Have Been: Dustin Hoffman was the first choice for John Rambo with Mike Nichols directing. He turned down the role because he felt the script was too violent.
- Actually, just about every Hollywood A-lister was considered for the role at one time or another (it was in Development Hell for years). And Kirk Douglas was attached to direct at one point.