|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Radar Secret Service is a 1950 movie that purports to show the more or less fantastic powers of the then newly-invented radar, and what they might lead to Twenty Minutes Into the Future. The eponymous agency is apparently headquartered in Washington DC and may or may not have branch offices.
The movie's plot centers around a hijacked convoy carrying uranium. This uranium was stolen from under the Radar Secret Service's nose by the Mob, but still has to be shipped down river to some vaguely evil bad guys. However, the Radar Secret Service is on the trail, using their all-knowing, all-seeing electronic marvel to find the uranium and follow them. It's a battle of wits and double-crossing to get the bad guys.
Radar Secret Service contains examples of these tropes:
- Flat Character: The entire cast, basically.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The triumphant return of Sid "Monkey Boy" Melton from Lost Continent and The Danny Thomas Show.
- You Fail Physics Forever:
- Radar apparently has the ability to project HDTV-quality images of whatever the bad guys are doing to a viewscreen. Failing that, radar can also pick up distinct items through all the buildings and numerous moving objects.
- Carrying around highly radioactive material in an unshielded van.