|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A trope where someone takes a notable quote or saying and adds a swear word or two at some point in there.
Now to count as an example, it has to meet three criteria:
- It has to be a distinct quote, not just a common sentence. This includes:
- Catch Phrases
- Lines from works
- It has to be a complete sentence, although paraphrasing a word or two is allowed, as long as it remains a complete sentence.
- The example should explain where the source phrase comes from. Hey, if this page is going to have loads of swearing, let's at least make sure it's all legit.
Compare/Contrast Quote Mine (screwing with a quote, but pretending it's the actual quote).
- In Die Hard, Hans calls McClane on being a Cowboy Cop, and then the discussion turns to actors playing cowboys. McClane says Roy Rogers is his favorite, and takes Rogers's Catch Phrase "Yippee-ki-yay", and makes it his own by adding "motherfucker".
- Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter has "The power of Christ compels you, bitch!", a line from The Exorcist.
- Talladega Nights: "Hakuna Matata, bitches!" from The Lion King.
- Played with in Happy Gilmore with a slight paraphrase:
Happy (to Bob Barker): The price is wrong, bitch!
- Bob uses the trope shortly afterward:
Bob: I think you've had enough. (Happy gets back up.) No? (Knocks Happy out) Now you've had enough...bitch! (walks away while shadow boxing)
- This strip, which provides the page image, says that commercial slogans should be like this.
- Elf Only Inn has "Live Long and Prosper, Bitch.", from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series has "The cake is a lie, Bitch!" from the line in Portal.
- In Ghostbusters, when Dana opens the fridge, the demon inside just says "Zuul!". Then The Nostalgia Critic tweaked it to "Zuul, Motherfucker! Zuul!"
- Cracked has a list of inspirational 80s songs. In discussing "You're the Best Around", the recommend adding swearing to it, such as "You're The Best (Motherfucker!)."
- In Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged, Kurama says "Git-er-done, motherfucker," from Larry the Cable Guy's Catch Phrase, which one of the demons on the show was an homage to.
- This video of two guys watching a Pokémon movie. At one point, one of them says "Gotta Catch Em All, bitch!"
- Red vs. Blue gives us "Semper Fi bitch," in the first five minutes.
- From Suburban Knights, when Angry Joe was playing as Inigo from The Princess Bride.
"My name is Inigo Montoya, motherfuckers!"