|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Project X Zone (Pronounced Project Cross Zone) is a Turn-Based Strategy Crossover game for the Nintendo 3DS console, featuring characters from the companies Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega. It's a Spiritual Successor to Namco X Capcom.
The fighting engine seems to be closer to the Endless Frontier games. Characters are paired off into units of two.
- Darkstalkers: Demitri Maximoff, Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei and Morrigan.
- Q-Bee also appears as an enemy.
- Dead Rising: Frank West
- Devil May Cry: Dante
- Mega Man X: X and Zero
- Resident Evil: Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine
- Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li.
- Endless Frontier: Haken Browning and Kaguya Nanbu.
- .hack: Kite and Black Rose
- Gods Eater Burst: Alisa and Soma
- Super Robot Wars Alpha: Sanger Zonvolt
- Tales of Vesperia: Yuri and Estelle
- Tekken: Jin Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu
- Valkyrie no Bōken : Valkyrie
- Xenosaga: KOS-MOS and T-ELOS
- Dynamite Cop: Bruno Dillinger
- Resonance of Fate: Zephyr and Leanne
- Sakura Taisen: Sakura Shinguuji, Ichirou Oogami, Erica Fontaine and Gemini Sunrise.
- Shining Force EXA: Touma and Cyrille
- Space Channel 5: Ulala
- Valkyria Chronicles III: Kurt Irving and Riela Marceris
- Virtua Fighter: Pai Chan and Akira Yuki
Project X Zone provides examples of:
- BFS: No, Sanger does not need a Humongous Mecha to swing one around.
- Casting Gag: Bruno Dillinger from Dynamite Cop/Deka is voiced by Ben Hiura, who is the actual Japanese voice actor for Bruce Willis in the majority of his most recent movies. Since Bruno is a Expy of Bruce Willis and the American version of the first Dynamite Cop/Deka was named Die Hard Arcade, this is quite fitting.
- Continuity Nod: One of Xiaoyu's voice clips off the website mentions that the worlds coming together is like one huge amusement park. It's been Xiaoyu's dream to build an amusement park since Tekken 3.
- Crossover: A MASSIVE one. Yuri and Estelle, Ulala, Dante, Jin and Xiaoyu and Chris and Jill are just some of the characters featured. And there are still tons more to announce!
- Enemy Mine: Dante teams up with Demitri, who by all means he should be killing.
- Mythology Gag: This is not the first time Dante teams up with a possible target, a similar case happened in Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne with Dante joining forces with Demi-Fiend by following the straight good path.
- And then in the same vein, we have Frank West, the zombie apocalypse survival expert, teaming up with Hsien-Ko, a Jiang-Shi. Looks like this might become a pattern with the Darkstalkers cast.
- Going for the Big Scoop: Frank and Ulala certainly don't shy away from saving the world/galaxy respectively while covering their stories. Heck, they've even both done it twice. It'll be interesting to see what extent they become The Rival to one another.
- Power Creep, Power Seep: This is what happens when you take some of the more realistic characters (Chris, Jill, Frank, Xiaoyu, Akira) and have them fight against/alongside some of the more fantasy based characters (Demitri, Ulala, Sanger, KOS-MOS).
- Rule of Cool: Chris and Jill, two characters hailing from a quasi-realistic setting, having flashy auras following their physical attacks.
- Shout-Out: Opa-Opa and the Space Harrier guy show up to help Ulala with her attacks.
- Tag Team: The characters are paired off like this. Some are teamed up by series (Ryu and Ken, Jin and Xiaoyu, Akira and Pai) while others make use of the crossover (the aforementioned Dante/Demitri and Frank West/Hsien-Ko team-ups.)
- Talking to Himself: Inevitable with the size of the cast. Some examples include Demitri and Haken and Leanne and Riela.
- ↑ Of course, Off The Record isn't canon but certainly showed what Frank would have done.