|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Professional Wrestling, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
- Recommended by Plot Creeper
- Synopsis: AU series where several points in wrestling history. Some are memorable, some.... cringe-worthy are taken in a new direction. Recently acquired two new writers in Neil and Simon.
- Comments: The Shaffer fics are generally solid, and the two new guys are making their marks. They get bonus points for rewriting the Gobbledy Gooker.
- Recommended by C.
- Synopsis: WWE RAW, mocked-to-order every week. Frequent user of running gags. Also in the archives are a couple of wrestling-based movie parodies.
- Comments: Possibly the only reason to watch RAW anymore, but it stands well on its own.
- Sadly, now finished after a Grand Finale involving the culmination of many of said running gags.
"EWB Dome Diaries" by various authors.
- Recommended by D Av
- A collection of written 'diaries' from various authors regarding their EWR or TEW games. There's a lot of variety from WWE, TNA, WCW and even diaries based off indy fenerations. Certainly worth a look although you have to be a member to read them. Still, worth it to read some of the longer entries.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The Adventures of the nWo B-Team by Robert Lamb
- Recommended by Heart Burn Kid
- Synopsis: Stevie Ray. Scott Norton. Brian Adams. Horace Hogan. Vincent. True titans (*snicker*) of the Professional Wrestling industry. Watch them live, love, and barely tolerate each other outside of the squared circle.
- Comments: This is just a series of completely off-the-wall Slice of Life Script Fics, with the various wrestlers' gimmicks turned up to 11 for comedic effect. Great fun if you're a wrestling fan (especially if you were watching back during the Monday Night Wars), and even if you're not, it's worth a look. And guess what? It's back, with a brand new adventure!
- Recommended by Chicago Ted 9242
- Synopsis: Everyone has a story. John Morrison's begins here.
- Comments: I've been following this author since she went on hiatus, taking my name from a different fic of hers. This is her latest (admittedly year old) story. It's written beautifully and focuses on the characters rather relationships or OCs.
Stories focused god knows what.
- Recommended by Heart Burn Kid
- Synopsis: When Triple H gets kidnapped by a gang of Smart Marks before a Raw event in Canada, a truly bizarre game of cat and mouse begins...
- Comments: This one's more of a Real Person Fic than a straight Fanfic, as it takes place mostly behind the scenes. Loaded with Take That against smarks in general, Scott Keith in particular, and the entire nation of Canada. Worth a read for the sheer surreality, and because it's So Bad It's Good.
- Recommended by Mipp
- Synopsis: When the Smackdown Squad's leader, Captain Charisma (Christian), is captured by supervillain CM Punk, his teammates launch a desperate search for him. Meanwhile, his archnemesis-turned-ally the Viper (Randy Orton) goes into a meltdown over his feelings for the Captain. UNFINISHED, updated 12/27/2011.
- Comments: The transition from a wrestling universe into a comic book universe is seamless, and the writing is witty and fast-paced.