|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Princess Tutu has as many of these as it does correspondingly dark moments, but one of the best comes in Akt 23, when Tutu is kidnapped by Drosselmeyer and the story stops. Then, because of Uzura's meddling, it starts going backwards. Fakir, realising how much Ahiru has changed him, refuses to go back to who he used to be, and begins to write Tutu's story down for her, pulling it back on course and freeing Tutu from Drosselmeyer's clutches.
- Also in Akt 23, Uzura meets the puppet she was made from, Edel, and asks her if that means Uzura isn't real. Edel replies that she was just a puppet, but Uzura is different...and Uzura begins to cry.
- In Akt 22, Kraehe is attempting to seduce a new victim for the raven and her target is Autor. As she's taking him to be sacrificed, however, he confesses his genuine love for her - Kraehe has been told over and over again that only her father and the prince will ever love her - and Kraehe can't bring herself to kill him.
- Ahiru can never confess her love for the prince, or she'll disappear in a flash of light. However, when faced with losing him to Kraehe and leaving him heartless forever, she does it anyway...through dance.
- Ahiru went to great lengths for her friend Pique in Akt 15 of season two. It was nice to see that (at least Ahiru and Pique) are more than just roomates... thier real friends.
- The scene at the bottom of the goddamn Lake of Despair. That is all.
Fakir: "And even after that time comes, I will stay by your side forever." D'awwwwww!
- At the end of the last episode when Mytho asks Rue to come with him to his kingdom and be his princess. When Rue points out that she has the monster Raven's blood inside her he says this,
Mytho: "The story says I'm supposed to love everyone... but right now... I simply want to love Rue the most out of anyone." Cue Rue crying happily and him hugging her. Awwwww!
- Early in the series, the first time that Fakir shows some kindness to somebody other than Mytho: when he rescues Duck Ahiru from his locker and gives her bread. Also a Crowning Moment of Funny, because Ahiru almost loves him for his bread.
- My eys got a little misty when, after Mytho has his heart back and Ahiru turns back into a duck. Every time he refers to, or speaks to her, he still calls her Princess Tutu. Because as far as he's concerned, she's still a princess at heart, D'AWWWWW
- Let's not forget Rue meeting up with the now permanently duck-fied Ahiru, asking her if she's the Ahiru she knows. Duck Ahiru nods softly, and Rue cries and hugs her, thinking of Ahiru and saying she loves her. Ahiru hugging Rue back with her wings and her thoughts of "I love you too, Rue." is the icing on the cake. Awwwww, too!
- Out of all these (wonderful) examples, there's also: Fakir promising to never leave Ahiru's side even after she loses the ability to be human after her worrying for the entire series that people would reject her if they new she's really a duck. Even hearing the music that's used in that scene causes this troper to tear up.
- Also, the last scene in the series is Fakir sitting on a dock near a lake, with Ahiru-as-a-duck floating in the water, showing that Fakir very much intends on staying true to that promise.
- Fakir is writting a new story. A story for Ahiru, a story full of hope... make of that what you will.