The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster: The Hunter. He sold his soul so he could slaughter humans in vast numbers rather than just animals, and he quite happily murdered men, women, and children... and then hung their bodies from a tower in full view of anyone who cared to look. Not to make an example of them, either. Nope. Just because.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: This game has arguably the best score of any of them, as heard in this End Credits medley.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks: Probably the largest complaint against 2008. You can't ever get killed, because Elika automatically uses her magic to save you, resetting just the current puzzle or combat. You never had to reload the game unless you chose to stop playing. The Sands trilogy had been similar in principle, because rewinding time also allowed you to cheat death; however, it was trickier in practice. You could only rewind a few seconds at at time, so you could wind up too deep in trouble to back out again. Plus the power had limited uses and needed recharging. Screw up too much and you got sent back to the last save point.
- The mechanic of Elika saving you from "death" was an intended mechanic to strip away time from reloading saves and having to travel all the way back to the spot you failed, as well as creating an illusion of an unbroken story (so you don't go through earlier cut-scenes, etc. unless you loaded up a save). It as much a Death Is a Slap on The Wrist as the previous trilogy, only that you no longer have to sit through loading, cut scenes, and wading through the same traps over and over. Many people don't see it that way.
- Player Punch: Why is the game expecting me to kill the Trees of Life and let Ahriman loose again? WHY?
- Wait, did Elika just die? And you want me to carry her body outside to lay it the altar? Of course, this leads to the above Player Punch, which is even worse.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.