|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
John Quale is a singer/songwriter, and creator of the stage character Prince Poppycock. The act started in 2006 when a friend asked Quale to sing at a nightclub in Los Angeles. The only catch was that he had to wear a wig. Cue Prince Poppycock's wild wig and whiteface makeup. Since then, Prince Poppycock has come into the world's attention when he performed on America's Got Talent.
John Quale and his stage character provide examples of:
- Camp Gay
- When he came back to perform at a result show, while dressed as a phoenix, he actually said "Look at me, I'm flaming!"
- Costume Porn
- Double Entendre: His name. Say it slowly.
- Prince Poppycock. Prince Poppy C... Oh.
- Everything’s Better With Rainbows
- Everything’s Better With Sparkles
- Even the Guys Want Him: All over the internet, you can find comments like "I think he's so sexy, and I'm a straight guy!!!"
- Fangirls/Fanboys: They’re called “the Poppies.”
- Fake Brit: In character, he usually rocks a slightly British tone. It's all part of the "royalty" package.
- Either he occasionally goofs up, or he just doesn’t care enough to stay with the accent at all times.
- I Shall Taunt You: “What’s the matter Piers? You look like you’ve been sucking on a lemon.”
- Large Ham
- One-Scene Wonder: WTF? Prince Poppycock’s screentime puts Ross’ screentime TO SHAME!!!
- Shocking Elimination: Seriously? He lost? How is that possible?
- The Dandy
- The Runner Up Takes It All: In ten years, no one is going to know Michael Grimm’s name.
- Weirder Than Usual: Where would the fans be without having seen the pink wig during the “Enough is Enough” performance with Donna Summers?
The Legend of Prince Poppycock provides examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: He’s alone on the other side of the planet. He’s disillusioned. And he’s dirty!
- Falling Into the Cockpit
- Green-Eyed Monster: Baron Nefarious, ever so much.
- Space Pirates
- World Gone Mad: When the Prince falls into the strange land called “Earth”, it suddenly seems he’s the Only Sane Man to be seen.