|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
RPM has had plenty of memorable moments. Here are the heartwarming ones. Many of them cross over with Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- From "The Road to Corinth": Dillon stops to water a lonely flower with the last remaining drops of water he has. (He does this again in the finale.)
- From "Fade to Black": Dillon rescues Ziggy from some angry Corinth prison inmates by starting a prison fight over Jell-O.
- From "Rain": The Rangers talk to Dillon about why Corinth is worth fighting for. After some objections, Summer tells him that he'd be the kind of person she'd want to save her. The rain begins to fall, and Dillon sees a brother and sister get under an umbrella. This event leads him to becoming Ranger Operator Series Black on the condition that Ziggy is also freed from Corinth prison--a request that is ultimately granted.
- From "Go For The Green": Dillon introduces the new Series Green to Dr. K and the Rangers: Ziggy Grover. Dillon is the only one who even makes an active attempt to back him up for accidentally becoming a Ranger to keep the Series Green morpher away from Tenaya 7.
- From "Ranger Green": Benny tells Dr. K the real reason why Ziggy took the black market medicine for "himself"--to help the children at the orphanage. Ziggy, having been captured by the cartels, stands up to Fresno Bob. And Dr. K comes to his rescue. This also marks a Crowning Moment of Awesome both for Ziggy and Dr. K.
- From "Ranger Red": The end of the episode has Colonel Truman's reaction upon receiving his late son's Marcus's recommendation. Indeed, Scott was the right man for the job.
- From "Ranger Yellow, Part 1": Summer handles a requisite, though embarrassing, question very respectfully and with just a hint of snark thrown in:
Boy: Ranger Yellow, will you marry me?
Summer: I like a man with taste. The answer is yes.
- From "Ranger Yellow, Part 2":
- Andrews's answer to Summer's question about why he puts up with her brattiness.
- Andrews sacrifices his life for Summer, fighting off Grinders, and eventually dying in front of her, with last words that qualify as a Tear Jerker. This is the event that makes her give up her pampered lifestyle for good.
- Summer's parents finally come to terms with her new lifestyle at the end of the episode.
- From "Ranger Blue":
- Flynn's father, Mr. McAllistair, acknowledges that he had a hero in his son the whole time after he hauls in a busload of people into Corinth in the heat of battle.
- At the end of the episode, Flynn passes by his dad's shop and catches him asleep with a book over his head. The book contains articles of him as Ranger Blue saving the day.
- From "Doctor K": Gem and Gemma give Dr. K a birthday present while in Alphabet Soup: a pencil with the five core Ranger suits' colors. It gets topped off with this exchange:
Dr. K: Gem, Gemma, you two should know I don't even like you.
Gem: That's okay, we know.
Gemma: But we can still like you, can't we?
- From "Blitz": An attack bot knocks Dillon from a building. Ziggy morphs, runs, leaps after Dillon (who is now falling down), grabs him, and successfully teleports him down to the ground.
- From "Ghosts": Dr. K breaks down into tears upon seeing Gem and Gemma for the first time since Venjix attacked Alphabet Soup. And she smiles!
- From "In Or Out":
- In an attempt to apologize for being cold and aloof after having been confronted by Gem and Gemma, Dr. K calls for a meeting with her Rangers. She tells them what she likes about them and gives them all awkward hugs--even though it feels forced as she has No Social Skills whatsoever. (Poor Ziggy, however, is left out.)
- At the end of the episode, Dr. K goes up to everyone and commends each of them on their performance that day. Then, she goes up to Ziggy with a big grin on her face. Unfortunately, another Venjix attack interrupts her from saying anything to him.
- From "Belly of the Beast": Dillon and Summer have this exchange inside the decimated Venjix prison/plant as they search for his sister:
Dillon: Why are you always trying to save me?!
Summer: Because you're worth saving!
- From "Three's a Crowd": The end of the episode has Gem and Gemma fixing a door they broke earlier. After some struggle, Flynn and the other Series Operators offer to help them. Dr. K notifies them of another Venjix attack, and Gem and Gemma go running off again, much to Scott's aggravation. Summer offers them a ride, thus finally cementing Gem and Gemma as part of their team.
- From "Heroes Among Us": Gem catches up to Scott out in the wasteland. They have a conversation about his Medal of Valor, which Gem then throws away after seeing how it upset Scott that he got the medal. Scott then picks it up and gives it back to Gem, saying that he deserves it.
- From "Not So Simple": Flynn and Gemma work together on the Road Attack Zord.
- From "Ancient History":
- Colonel Truman finds Dr. K hiding in Corinth HQ and is prepared to arrest her for treason because of her past actions at Alphabet Soup. They then have this exchange:
Dr. K (Seeing Colonel Truman look at a picture of himself with his dead son Marcus): We all do things in life we regret. But if we don't learn from them, and move towards a brighter future, we pay twice.
Col. Truman: I've already paid more than most.
Dr. K: I know. And if I could access the space-time continuum long enough to undo what I did, I would. That's not possible.
- Colonel Truman grants Dr. K a full pardon. After he leaves, Ziggy checks to see if Dr. K is real. A hologram pops up behind him, causing him to yelp. Dr. K lets out a rare smile.
- From "Run, Ziggy, Run": Ziggy protects Fresno Bob from Tenaya 15 after she had conned him out of a valuable piece of technology. At the end of the episode, he goes to the Garage and forgives Ziggy's debt to the Scorpion Cartel.
- From "If Venjix Won":
- With no chance of getting out of the cave, Ziggy asks why Dr. K went outside with him. She answers, "It's my birthday, and I wanted to go outside." He then puts on an elaborate shadow puppet show in the cave, which brings the gift of a smile to Dr. K on her birthday--and just in time as she is about to collapse from asphyxiation.
- Summer discovers Dr. K's password: ZIGGY.
- From "Danger and Destiny, Part 2": The final scenes have so many moments.
- Colonel Truman places Scott as Eagle Squad's leader.
- The Rangers return their morphers to Dr. K. Ziggy, not a little bit sadly, says, "Get in gear."
- Ziggy and Dr. K announce that they'll open up a school for children. And she finally calls Ziggy by his real name! (Well, at least in public.)
- Before Dillon and Tenaya leave for the wastelands with Summer, Dr. K gives Dillon his pocket watch back. He and Tenaya tell her to keep it.
- Hugs go all around, but some of the more important ones are the hugs between Dillon and Ziggy and Dr. K and Tenaya.
- Before Dillon leaves, he says "Thank you" to Dr. K. They had often butted heads, but now that he's been reunited with his sister, he has a reason for thanking the one who chose him as a Ranger Series Operator in the first place.
- Real Life:
- In late April 2011, Peach Theatre Company in New Zealand released a promotional video featuring Olivia Tennet as Emilia in their production of Othello, in which she gives a guided tour of her house. The video is adorable enough, but viewers may be surprised at who turns up around 19 or so seconds into the video. Yep. That's Milo Cawthorne. And it turns out that she has been dating him. All together, now: Awwww...