|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Por la libre (English title Dust to dust) is a 2000 Mexican film about two rival cousins, both named Rodrigo Carnicero who set on a trip to comply with the last wish of their grandfather (also named Rodrigo Carnicero): to have his ashes thrown to the sea at dawn in the port of Acapulco. Expect chaos and some surprises on the way.
This movie contains examples of:
- Chekhov's Gun: The corn chips bag appears half an hour before it becomes important.
- Closer to Earth: Perla. And (kind of) Pureza.
- Cool Car: Left on Grandpa's will to Rodrigo.
- Cool Old Guy: The grandfather and his best friend, Felipe.
- Cluster F-Bomb: The word "pendejo", a relatively strong insult in Mexican Spanish, is used liberaly by most characters.
- Jerkass: Both guys' fathers.
- New Age Retro Hippie: Rocco is a mild example.
- One Steve Limit: Heavily averted. There are four people named Rodrigo Carnicero in the movie.
- Plot Device: The grandfather's ashes.